Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Cant load custom intdicator into strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant load custom intdicator into strategy

Hi,
    I have been trying for hours to read a data series of a custom indicator that I have built from a strategy but keep getting the following error

'NinjaTrader.Indicator.AATEST2' is a 'type' but is used like a 'variable'

Please see attached screenshot

I have removed all definable parameters from the properties section to make things more simple, hence the reson there is no parameters than need to defined....

I have also followed the following instructions from the thread below for adding / making the data series public etcbut when trying to call the data series like this Print(AATEST().MyDataSeries[0]); I just get the same error message as above..

Can anyone suggest why?

Thanks

UPDATE

I have attached watered down version of the indicator named "indi" which has all the working components removed but still cant be accessed from a strategy. Same error message as above appears....
    Attached Files
    Last edited by marty087; 01-11-2015, 05:24 AM. Reason: Adding source code

Hello marty087,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, I cannot add the indicator in my own custom strategy as well. I cannot determine the cause of this unexpected behavior. However, it would be recommended to reduce the code further and remove any custom methods and functions.

Comment

UPDATE - The problem was the fact that I deleted the NinjaScipt auto generated code.... I did this to see if it would auto generate again as it was missing a bunch of Vars...but then forgot!

Hi Patrick, Thank you for having a look.

I think I have removed just about all the functios / methods that NinjaTrades doesnt support.. whats left in the code is pretty straight forward I think.

Can you tell me if the problem might be that this indicator calls the ZigZag indicator to gets the swing points? In other words, is it possible for an indicator ro be read from a strategy if that indicator calls an indicator itself?

Cheers.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
      Hello marty087,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, I cannot add the indicator in my own custom strategy as well. I cannot determine the cause of this unexpected behavior. However, it would be recommended to reduce the code further and remove any custom methods and functions.
      Last edited by marty087; 01-11-2015, 11:08 PM. Reason: Solved.

Comment

Hello marty087,

Thank you for your update on this matter.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by knighty6508, 05-10-2024, 01:20 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post knighty6508  
        Started by OllieFeraher, 05-09-2024, 11:14 AM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post OllieFeraher