Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Backtesting - Quick Rookie Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backtesting - Quick Rookie Question

Hey,

To bring you up to speed I am looking to simply get used to Ninja Trader as it is my first time building models. I want to build some basic strategies, test the limits on NT, re-construct some other strategies for practice (like Clenow's) and then build my own.

Needless to say those are my goals and instead I am on day 1. I watched the following youtube videos on backtesting:

and

My problem: I am running my backtests on my tut created strategy (SMA 10/100) and the SampleMACrossOver, and every variation of settings only ends up with no performance numbers. All 1's and 0's. Chart plots my data and my SMAs, but doesn't make any trades. I am connected to the Free Kinetick, and I assume it is something on that end. I would love to be told how naive I am and it is a quick fix

Also, any good tuts for a mid-long term trend follower using NT would be heavily appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi, thanks for writing in.

Please send a screenshot of your Backtest tab in Strategy Analyzer to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com.

Please reference the following URL in the body of your message to ensure that it gets to me: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=70785

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
    For detailed instructions please visit the following link

* http://take-a-screenshot.org/

Looking forward to your reply.
    <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Skifree, Today, 11:41 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Skifree
    by Skifree

Started by Skifree, Today, 11:38 PM
    0 responses
    1 view