Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Bogus Strategy Analysis instrument

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bogus Strategy Analysis instrument

In my strategy code, I have a Print statement in my Initialize procedure that prints out Instrument.FullName etc.

I select an instrument, eg GC 12-14, and backtest. No matter what instrument I select, I ALWAYS get a line in the output window for my chosen instrument ... AND another line which is ALWAYS for TF... Yep... It seems like TF 12-14 is somehow associated or remembered. SOmetimes the bogus TF line is printed when I first run the backtest. Sometimes it appears near the end of the backtest printouts...

I have nothing in the strategy that refers to TF - although I probably did at some point run it on TF. I do have a TF chart active in my workspace... along with a number of other charts.

What is causing this? Is it a concern? I'd feel better resolving it before I trade live!

PS - just noticed something else... Having saved a backtest result previously, when I now open that saved run, it has TF 12-14 listed under Data Series->Instrument(s), even though the backtest was on GC, further suggesting that somewhere TF is indeed linked as a sort of default instrument ???
    Last edited by tgn55; 11-06-2014, 10:18 PM.

Hello Tgn55,

You mentioned that you have other charts open for the TF, are any of them using the strategy or have them added to the chart?
    Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

No, nothing is using the strategy, I don't think I have ever added it to a chart - it is still a WIP. I also just deleted my TF chart, ran the backtest on GC - and it still reports Initialize ran on TF 12-14 !!

Comment

tgn55,

I would like you to reset instruments to see if perhaps the symbol mapping or Instrument list may have gotten messed around with.

To reset your instruments please: go to the Tools menu, select the Options menu item, select the Data tab, and then click on 'Reset Instruments'.

If this is not successful, please send me a note to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com and we'll setup a remote session time.

Put ATTN Cal in the subject and reference this thread in the body.
        Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by llanqui, Yesterday, 09:59 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post llanqui
        by llanqui

Started by smartromain, 03-13-2024, 01:42 AM
        5 responses