Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

HELP with Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP with Indicator

Hello, are there any tools or indicators that can show me the candle sticks that were used to calculate the stochastic, CCI, or MACD. I would like to know which candles are incorporated to the indicators.

Im pretty sure all the standard indicator uses Close[0] to determine those results.
    You can change the settings that are read in on the indicators, so if you want the MACD reading from High[0] for example instead of Close[0] you need to click the ... next to Input in the indicator section.

Comment

Originally posted by ELDAVIDOLOCO View Post
      Hello, are there any tools or indicators that can show me the candle sticks that were used to calculate the stochastic, CCI, or MACD. I would like to know which candles are incorporated to the indicators.
      You could change the input series for some of the studies (where the price points used are not hardcoded in, as for example in Stochastics) - however I think you would want to visualize which price bars contribute to the current value of the sutdy seen? That would be easy to answer (consider the RSI or SMA lookback periods) for some but ultimately depend on the study and what type of smoothing for example is used. If you have EMA based indicator and smoothing approaches basically all bars (even if very tiny going back) would have some weight in the final result.
      BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by gwenael, Today, 09:29 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post gwenael
      by gwenael

Started by Karado58, 11-26-2012, 02:57 PM
      8 responses