Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Random Strategy trying to be called

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Random Strategy trying to be called

Hello

When I am calling my strategy ("London Breakout") it is also trying to call another strategy which I have not even brought up in this instance of NT (or even the last 4-5 for that matter).

Attached is a screenshot and you can see that at 2:51:41 it tried to call "DeutscherFrühstücksTrade". Not even the script editor for this file is up.

There is nothing in my London Breakout strategy that calls this strategy up and, to my knowledge level, there is nothing in my D.F.T. script that would call this strategy up on startup of the program or of the chart.

Do you have an idea why it is calling this?
    Attached Files

Hello Jg123,

Thank you for your post.

The Initialize method is called whenever you open a new strategy window, meaning when you want to start a new strategy.

This will load the strategies in the window and call the Initialize method for each strategy.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
    Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Okay, so there is nothing that needs to be done about this? It doesn't have any effect on how NinjaTrader or any strategies run? Is that correct?

Comment

This just doesn't make sense because I have 22 different strategies in the dialogue box and this is the only one that said it was trying to initialize but didn't...and I didn't even try to pull this one up

Comment

Jg123,

All these error message indicates is that particular strategy had an error in the Initialize() method.

When the dialog window was loaded it calls the Initialize() method for all the strategies to load it into the window.

If you do not want this log message to keep appearing you would need to fix the error in the Initialize() of the strategy or remove the strategy from NinjaTrader
          Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ah, great. Thank you very much. That clears things up completely now.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Max Baxter, 03-07-2019, 09:20 PM
            8 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Ymcapital  
            Started by Felix Reichert, 04-26-2024, 02:12 PM
            9 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Felix Reichert