Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

New Search tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Search tool

Im having trouble trying to figure out how to program a search....hope someone can help me

all I want is to scan for

Price 90 days ago 40 % higher than it was 15 days ago
    Price 7 days ago 5-10 % higher than 15 days ago
    Price Today lower than 7 days ago
    Macd higher than 15 days ago and rising

This can turn up some great trades for options contracts

Thanks in advance
    Ken Smith
    Nanaimo BC

Hello kenny6233,

The easiest way to do this would be to create an indicator that looks for this criteria and then plots a 1 if the conditions are satisfied or 0 if they are not. Then apply the indicator to a column in the Market Analyzer.

(A indicator would be needed for this as the percentage math would not be directly possible using the filter conditions in the Market Analyzer).

You can then apply filter conditions to the column and have only instruments that meet the criteria show in the Market Analyzer.

Below is a link to the help guide on conditions for the Market Analyzer.
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h..._and_filte.htm

Regarding the indicator, this would need to be manually coded, but would be fairly simple to create.

If this were applied to a Daily interval:

if (Close[89] * 1.4 > Close[14]
    && Close[6] * 1.05 > Close[14]
    && Close[6] * 1.1 < Close[14]
    && Close[0] < Close[6]
    && MACD(12, 26, 9)[0] > Close[14]
    && Rising(MACD(12, 26, 9))
    {
    Value.Set(1);
    }
    else
    {
    Value.Set(0);
    }
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thankyou very much Chelsea, now if I just knew where to paste that I would be off to the races.....I tried to go into new indicator, but I dont understand how to add those lines of script you were so kind to send me.

Thanks
      Ken

Comment

Hi kenny6233,

You can manually add this code by clicking the Generate button in the Indicator Wizard.

You will want to add this code to inside of the brackets "{ }" that follow the line "protected override void OnBarUpdate(). (In other words add this to the OnBarUpdate method)

As long as you still have Plot0 set in the Wizard, this should be enough to complete the code.

Comment

Thanks for the help....but I must give up at this point....I just cant get it

Thanks
          Ken

Comment

Hi kenny6233,

We do have resources to help you begin creating NinjaScript Strategies/Indicators.

The best way to begin learning NinjaScript is to use the Strategy Wizard. With the Strategy Wizard you can setup conditions and variables and then see the generated code in the NinjaScript Editor by clicking the View Code button.
            I'm also proving a link to a recently recorded 'Automated Strategy Development Webinar' video for you to view at your own convenience: Automated Strategy Development Level 1 - NinjaTrader Training - 3/26/2013

We also have great resources in relation to Strategy Development on our Support Forum. There is a very active developer community in our support forum that supplements the responses provided by NinjaTrader support staff providing all users with an exceptional support experience.
            Take me to your support forum!

There are a few Sample Automated Strategies which come pre-configured in NinjaTrader that you can use as a starting point. These are found under Tools--> Edit NinjaScript--> Strategy. You will see locked strategies where you can see the details of the code, but you will not be able to edit (you can though always create copies you can later edit via right click > Save as)

We also have some Reference samples online as well as ‘Tips and Tricks’ for both indicators and strategies:
            Click here to see our NinjaScript Reference Samples
            Click here to see our NinjaScript Tips

These samples can be downloaded, installed and modified from NinjaTrader and hopefully serve as a good base for your custom works.

Further, the following link is to our help guide with an alphabetical reference list to all supported methods, properties, and objects that are used in NinjaScript.
            Alphabetical Reference

We also have a few tutorials in our help guide for both Indicators and Strategies.
            Indicator tutorials
            Strategy tutorials

Last, if you would like to have this strategy coded for you, you may contact one of our professional NinjaScript consultants.
            Click here to see our Consultants page

Typically, we do not modify or create scripts for clients, however, as this script would be simple to create I have created this script for you. Please take a look at the code in this script.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kenny6233 View Post
              Thankyou very much Chelsea, now if I just knew where to paste that I would be off to the races.....I tried to go into new indicator, but I dont understand how to add those lines of script you were so kind to send me.

Thanks
              Ken
              The NinjaTrader Help Manual is a complete tome that starts from installing NinjaTrader, all the way to writing code of increasing difficulty. You may want to read and follow along, at the very least, the tutorial (code writing) sections.
              Last edited by koganam; 05-28-2014, 10:41 AM.

Comment

third party vendor

How does a person become a third party vendor with the ability to market an indicator or search tool for NinjaTrader?

Thanks
                Ken

Comment

Originally posted by kenny6233 View Post
                  How does a person become a third party vendor with the ability to market an indicator or search tool for NinjaTrader?

Thanks
                  Ken
                  I'm pretty sure that's in the manual.

*oops could not find there
                  Last edited by sledge; 05-28-2014, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Hi Kenny6233:

NinjaTrader's thriving Ecosystem of Add On partners and Professional Educators is constantly expanding. I would like to learn more about your custom Add On products and services you would like to offer to the NinjaTrader community and discuss the steps involved in becoming partners.

Please drop me a note to sales @ ninjatrader dot com and put to the Attention: Business Development as well as reference this post. I look forward to hearing from you.
                    RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by reynoldsn, Today, 07:23 AM
                    6 responses
                    1 like
                    Last Post reynoldsn  
                    Started by reynoldsn, Today, 07:26 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes