Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Moving target

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving target

I want to implement something similar to the conceptual opposite of a trailing stop, namely, a "leading profit target". In other words, I want to set a profit target, but when reached, the position remains open and the target will move with the direction of the trade until such time as a set of pre-defined conditions is met, usually a reversal of a specified amount. Obviously, this is to lock in a profit that increases as the trend continues until defined criteria are met that dictate the position be closed.

I currently submit trailing stop and profit target orders with signal names for each order, but I do not adjust the profit target. I'm interested in the collected wisdom of the forum to suggest effective, efficient and, hopefully, elegant ways in which to achieve this functionality. I have a variety of ideas on this, but would like to hear what those more experienced than me may suggest. Many thanks for your advice!
    Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
    jeronymite
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Hello jeronymite,

Thank you for your post.

You can use the Managed Approach and use the SetProfitTarget() method within the OnBarUpdate() to make adjustments to the order based on conditions: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ofittarget.htm

You could also just track the movement of the market and look for your reversal from the profit move and then submit an exit order for profit (Limit Order).

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by pibrew, Today, 06:37 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post pibrew
    by pibrew

Started by rbeckmann05, Yesterday, 06:48 PM
    1 response
    0 likes