Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

"Tie" or "link" specific entries with specific stoploss orders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Tie" or "link" specific entries with specific stoploss orders?

Is there a way to "tie" or "link" a particular entry to a particular stoploss order? I'm developing an unmanaged strategy that scales in to a position (up to 4 entries) as the market moves in my direction and for each entry a stoploss order is then submitted. The stoploss orders are different for each entry. I want my first entry to be closed out when its stoploss is hit (not when some other entry's stoploss is hit).

When I apply the strategy to a chart, assuming all 4 entries have been filled, as the market moves against me the first entry is closed out due to the fourth entry's stoploss being hit. It seems that ninjatrader sort of defaults to a "first in, first out" methodology. What I want instead is for the fourth entry being closed out due to the fourth entry's stoploss being hit, the third entry being closed out due to the third entry's stoploss being hit, etc. I hope that makes sense and thanks for the support.

Regards,
    Tony

Hello Tony,

Thank you for your post.

This is part of the Unmanaged Approach system as you won't be able to tie orders this way like the Managed Approach does with the Set() Methods. The NinjaTrader core uses the FIFO concept that you have outlined with the Unmanaged Approach.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
    Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Cal,

So to confirm, the only way to do what I am asking is to use the advanced order handling of the Managed approach and this cannot be done at all using the Unmanaged approach? Thanks for your help!

Comment

Tony,

Correct. You would need to use advanced order handling to track and maintain those orders with the specific Stop and Profit targets to the fromEntrySignal for the Set() order methods
        Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by AaronKTradingForum, 04-28-2024, 02:37 PM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
        Started by RideMe, 04-07-2024, 04:54 PM
        9 responses
        0 likes