Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Multi Stratgies test on one insturment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multi Stratgies test on one insturment

Hello,
    I wonder if Ninja can do this or anyone has found a way to do this with Ninja.
    I am trying to test multiple versions of a strategy at the same time in Replay. So I would have strategy one running with a set of test settings in one instrument, CL for example. Then strategy two would use different test settings for the same instrument, CL, possibly including its own set of charts. This would act like trading different accounts in a live or sim setup, where you can use more than one account. In replay we can only trade on one account at a time.
    We could run a strategy on different and see the results individually in the account performance tab. However testing different setups in the same market is the goal here.

I would like to run several different strategies, on the same symbol, at full 500x replay speed. So is there a way to do that? I tried to search for similar things with out luck.

Thanks in advance!

Hello ClintH,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forums!

Using the Market Replay Connection you will be forced to use just the Replay101 account but since this is an automated strategy you can view the Strategy Performance separately for each instance of your Strategy since each strategy has its own virtual position that may do what you are looking for.

For example if you have two strategies each inside of its own chart, you can run the Market Replay and when it is finished you may right click inside of the Chart, select Strategy Performance, select your Strategy, and then select if you want to look at either Real-time only, Historical and Real-time, or Historical only results and that should give you something similar to the Account Performance for that specific strategy setup so that you can compare the two different strategy and their individual settings.

Let me know if this does what you are looking for.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by rhyminkevin, Today, 04:58 PM
    3 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Anfedport  
    Started by iceman2018, Today, 05:07 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes