Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Import Custom Vendor Indicators Into Strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Import Custom Vendor Indicators Into Strategy

I am trying to code my manual trading strategy in order to use Ninja to backtest with new price data. I open the strategy wizard and only see Ninja standard indicators. I have been at this for hours and can't find any help in the forum or the Ninja help page for what seems to be a basic starting point. How do I use custom indicators purchased from a vendor in the strategy wizard?

Hello mikek001er,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forums!

If you do not see the Indicator on the list of Indicators that comes with NinjaTrader then that means that the vendor has coded this indicator to be used on a Chart Only and not to be used inside of an Automated Strategy.

You may want to contact the vendor that you downloaded this from to see if they have a different version that will allow this.

Let us know if we can be of any further assistance.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Is this a simple change as unlocking something within the Indicator script or do they need to send me a different file type?

Thanks

Comment

Hello mikek001er,

They will need to send you either a different version of that same indicator so it will be a different file.
        JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I finally got a response back from the vendor. He does not know what he needs to do to be able to allow the indicator to be used within a strategy. He is asking for instructions on what he needs to do to make that happen.

Thanks

Comment

Vendor indicators need to be added to the Ninjatrader References table before they become visible in Strategy Analyzer. They also need special cs files that Ninjatrader can generate during export.
            RJay
            NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Innovative Trading Solutions

Comment

Do I have to add the vendor's indicators into the references table or does the vendor do that in the coding?

Will the vendor know what a "special cs file" is if he didn't know that his indicator doesn't work inside a strategy? Does he just need to save the indicator file in a "cs file" format?

Comment

Originally posted by mikek001er View Post
                Do I have to add the vendor's indicators into the references table or does the vendor do that in the coding?

Will the vendor know what a "special cs file" is if he didn't know that his indicator doesn't work inside a strategy? Does he just need to save the indicator file in a "cs file" format?
                The vendor needs to decide if their products will be accessible from a strategy and then retail their products in an acceptable format.
                RJay
                NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Innovative Trading Solutions

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by SnailHorn, Today, 10:49 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post SnailHorn  
                Started by naanku, Today, 07:25 PM
                0 responses