Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Getting expiry of Contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting expiry of Contract

How can I access the expiry information of a contact that is not the primary contract in a multi series script. For the primary contract I am using Instrument.Expiry.Month.
    Last edited by GKonheiser; 01-09-2014, 03:08 AM.

GKonheiser, nothing truly supported via NinjaScript in that area, however would try looking into Instruments[1].Expiry.Month
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

would that be the same for Position

ie if I have a added FGBL with index location 3, can I use Position[3].MarketPosition == MarketPosition.Flat?

Comment

Correct, that would provided access to the Positons array for your script - this is also fully documented with an example here in our helpguide - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h.../positions.htm

Comment

Hi Bertrand,

Thanks for your help on this this morning.

Is there anything I need to take into account when writing the OnOrderUpdate for the second contract

ie if (order.OrderState == OrderState.Cancelled && order.Filled == 0),

will there be any confusion with the primary contracts orders, ie what if both contracts get a fill at the same time?

Same for OnExecution when checking for executions what if there are two fills at the same time, what happens to execution.Order.OrderState ?
          Last edited by GKonheiser; 01-09-2014, 07:40 AM.

Comment

That would be dependent upon which IOrder object you set your OnOrderUpdate code to listen to, its per default called for all.

i.e. if (entryOrder != null && entryOrder == order) with this check you would only apply the following logic / check then for the entryOrder object.

Comment

OK, Sorry for my ignorance, but if I have a multi series script and I get two fills at the same time for two different contracts say two iOrders, longBund and longBobl , and I do a check for longBund == execution.order and longBobl == execution.order would they both come back as true, ie can execution.order be for more then one order?? does that make sense?

Comment

Both executions would trigger OnExecution() in your example, where you designate what code to run if execution.order's calling is tied to IOrder A or your IOrder B.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by FishTrade, Yesterday, 11:11 PM
                3 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post FishTrade  
                Started by Graci117, Today, 09:02 PM
                1 response
                0 likes