Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

can wizard prevent entering when far from MA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can wizard prevent entering when far from MA

i don't know how to code NinjaScript. I built a wizard strategy I'm happy with except one problem. if the price breaks out, I don't want to enter there. (I know it will pull back).

My entry trigger is when one MA crosses another. I'd like to add to that entry condition something like "open price of current bar must be within 10 ticks below SMA(13)".

I see there is a Misc field called 'numeric value', but I think I need to create an expression, like SMA(13) - numeric value 10.

Due to time constraints, I'm hoping not to dig into Ninjascript just yet, but the problem is these entries cause a stop-out condition which costs profits.

First of all welcome here to our forums - I would suggest to look into realizing that task with the NT supplied MAEnvelopes indicator as filter for example, for a courtesy example 'howto', please find attached an example script you can import in your NinjaTrader and then review from the wizard interface.

I'm demanding here for the entry to be done that the Close price is within the MAEnvelope bounds, you can set the percentage level for the Upper / Lower boundaries used as desired.
    Attached Files
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks Bertrand. I was able to import your Strategy, tweak and it's working better than my old strategy! i love that the wizard can do so many things.

i'm now working on adding a condition that, after breakout, if the price retouches the SMA(13) again, that i would now enter. this would entry be after pullback, in other words. so, the trigger wouldn't be my 2 MA's crossing, but price touching 1 MA.

if you have something like this, let me know. Thanks again!
      Last edited by PLeary; 08-01-2013, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Glad to hear that feedback, have a great day.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by ETFVoyageur, Today, 02:04 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
        Started by WHICKED, 04-26-2024, 12:45 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes