Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

At what point does BarsSinceEntry return 1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At what point does BarsSinceEntry return 1?

Hi, may be a simple question but I'd like to explain why I have to ask:

In CalculateOnBarClose = true, or because in historical mode, suppose an entry was made by means of buystop entry, so the entry is not taking place at the open of the bar necessarily, but at somewhere in the period of it's duration.

I want to have something that evaluates chart conditions at the close of THAT bar, the bar in which entry occurred.

I have been thinking about this too long and would love to have someone clear-minded to tell me the answer if they know: After entry takes place and that bar has closed, would BarsSinceEntry() return 0 or 1 at that point? That's all I need to know and I apologize that I'm not just working it out for myself but I'm rushing to complete some other things in a complex strategy at the moment -- thank you!

ANSWER: it appears that on the close of the bar that the entry took place, the BarsSinceEntry returns 0, not 1. I got this by switching it back and forth from 0 to 1 and loading the script on a day that indicated so much for me.

Comment

Hello RunnrX,

That is correct, because the order was entered at the opening of the bar so when OnBarUpdate() is going to run on the Close of this bar, it will still be the same bar so BarsSinceEntry is going to be 0.
      JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by lightsun47, Today, 03:51 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post lightsun47  
      Started by 00nevest, Today, 02:27 PM
      1 response
      0 likes