Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Help with Strategy needed please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Strategy needed please

Hello everyone
    I use Ninjatrader7 with Kinetic realtime data feed.
    Using the strategy wizard i created two strategies using ATR, CCX, Jurik MA which basically paint the bar colours and also paint up/down arrows on the chart when enabled.
    I use them on the 5 min charts.
    The problem that i'm facing is that when i change the days to load parameter in the data series, some of the arrows disappear. For example some of the arrows disappear when days to load is set to 225 days, and they they reappear when it is set to 240.
    And the arrows that disappear are not near the begining of the chart only, they could be anywhere, even the middle/end of the chart.
    And this problem is happening even if if were to load more number of days.
    And also it is not that same arrows disappear all the time. The arrows/signals that disappear on changing the "days to load" parameter could be the different each time different number of days are loaded.
    Can anyone help me as to fix this issue?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sharmanup; 06-06-2013, 11:00 PM.

sharmanup, how long do you typically look back in your indicators / conditions? I could imagine if you're working with infinite EMA type filters here that a high # of bars would be needed to 'stabilize' the indicator outputs and thus signals may vary if you're loading less bars then.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the reply Bertrand.
      All the indicators and strategies have maximum bar lookback as the same of 256.
      What else coule be wrong?
      Your advice is highly appreciated

Comment

Yes, but what periods lengths do you actually using in the calculations?

Comment

I have been using Ninja Trader Version 7 since last 2 months. I am running my own strategy . I am using esignal for data feed. I was getting Buy Sell signals regularly on Nifty (India NSE) charts. I have got SELL Signal on 3rd June at 5977 price. I could see the same on charts till yesterday (6/6/2013). Since today morning (07/06/2013) my chart has stopped showing signals that were generated since 1st June. The chart shows signals till 31st May. Can anyone please help ?? I am using 60 mint charts. The same strategy when used in strategy Analyzer gives SELL signal on 3rd June 2013 at 5977. Only on live charts it doesnt show . Please help
          Last edited by bahetirajesh; 06-07-2013, 03:47 AM.

Comment

bahetirajesh, did you already email support on this issue? It would be best if you'd opened a separate thread for unrelated issues. Thanks.

Comment

For different indicators i use different value lengths from 10, 30, 60 periods
              Thanks

Comment

how do I open separate thread ?

Comment

First thing I would suggest is plotting the indicators that would contribute to your signal generation, so you would have a quick visual check in place to correlate their values, the evaluation of the code triggering the signal would not have room for any ambiguity - the signal is either generated according to your conditions or not. If this would not help clear it up, I would suggesting printing affect indicator values and / or variable states to output window to further understand why the chart lookback period chosen influences your signal in this way -

Comment

Originally posted by bahetirajesh View Post
                    how do I open separate thread ?
                    Please go into your desired forum subsection and then click on the 'New Thread' button in the upper left corner of the navigation.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by lightsun47, Today, 03:51 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post lightsun47  
                    Started by 00nevest, Today, 02:27 PM
                    1 response
                    0 likes