Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Stochastic&MACD together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stochastic&MACD together

Hello,

I would like to create a strategy which uses both Stochastic and MACD oscillators.
    First condition should be Stochastic crossover, but NT should not open position yet. Position should be opened only after MACD crossover in same direction as Stochastic crossover was.

Could you please help with this.

Regards.

If you have never created a strategy before, I would recommend starting with our point and click interface Strategy Wizard.

Please see our Help Guide articles on How to use the Strategy Wizard as well as NinjaScript Strategies. More information on these subjects can be found below:
    Click here for more information on Developing Strategies with the Strategy Wizard
    Click here for a Tutorial on Developing Strategies

I'm also proving a link to a recently recorded 'Automated Strategy Development Webinar' video for you to view at your own convenience: Automated Strategy Development Level 1 - NinjaTrader Training - 3/26/2013

There are a few Sample Automated Strategies which come pre-configured in NinjaTrader that you can use as a starting point. These are found under Tools--> Edit NinjaScript--> Strategy. You will see locked strategies where you can see the details of the code, but you will not be able to edit (you can though always create copies you can later edit via right click > Save as)

We also have some Reference samples online as well as ‘Tips and Tricks’ for both indicators and strategies:
    Click here to see our NinjaScript Reference Samples
    Click here to see our NinjaScript Tips

These samples can be downloaded, installed and modified from NinjaTrader and hopefully serve as a good base for your custom works.

Lastly, you can attend one of our live Automated Strategy Development Webinars to help you get up to speed on developing strategies:
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/Webinar/A...nt-Level-1.php

We also have Premium Paid Educational events where you will join a NinjaScript expert for a pair of 6 hour long intensive courses designed to provide you with in-depth training on how to create, test and deploy fully automated strategies.
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/PremiumEducation.php

If you have limited time or programming capabilities, you can discuss your requirements with any of our certified NinjaScript consultants. Please send mail to support [at] ninjatrader [dot] com with the subject line ATTN Lance if you are interested in this.
    LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have some knowledge how to create strategies. I have already created basic MACD and Stochastic crossover conditions (separately) and they work fine. However, I would like to mix those strategies into single one.
      I have read a thread on this forum about combining MACD and EMA (I can't find it now) and tried to create something similar, but I couldn't achieve that.
      So, could you please be more specific with your answer.

Best regards

Comment

Unfortunately we do not have the resources to create custom scripts free of charge.

We have the option for additional learning (so that you can create it on your own) or discussing your requirements with one of our consultants. Details for both of these are located in the previous post.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
        LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok. Thank you anyway.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by ageeholdings, Today, 07:43 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post ageeholdings  
          Started by pibrew, Today, 06:37 AM