Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Syncing and Strategy Development Code help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Syncing and Strategy Development Code help

Thanks for the info. I think ill go back to going flat before going live so i can get better entries, and im not getting in at a bad time at the end of a trend.
    For syncing from what i understand after i read the info is that it will execute if one of the account position or strategy positions that you have enabled in the strategy don't correlate even so? I mean it will just execute based off of one or the other (account vs. strategy position)

Im still pretty confused but i know ill get the hang of it. :S

Another question that i asked earlier was that i wanted to get out on a trailing stop that updates on the bar previously from the current bar and get stopped out at the low of the previous bar from the current bar. Do you know what i mean? I know thier was some sort of code and i couldn't do it in strategy wizard. If you could help provide the code for strategy development in ninjascript, and where to place it under the tabs of properties and variables, inputs, conditions, etc. I would be greatly appreciative?

Once again in my strategy since i lost almost $4000 which is highly unusual i need to devise a better strategy that emulates my manual trading more, and id get out and place a stop at the low of the previous bar from the current bar in progress. Could you please help me so i could trail the stop automatically to do this, it would help me out so much.

Please and thank you,

Warm Regards,

Cameron

Cameron,

Was this in response to another thread you had opened? Do you have a little background or context to help us answer your inquiry?
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

I've gotten this email before but don't quite understand it fully.

I've gotten this message before but don't understand it fully, i looked inside the .zip and can't make sense of exactly what i have to do to get the condition to be set on an Onbarupdate() at a priced based value. How do i create the condition on a price based value at the low of the last bar?
      I've read alot of content on this and can't seem to formulate the answer, its taken me 3 weeks to try.
      Could you help me out by trying to teach me the code that needs to be written from this inquiry?

Kind Regards,

Cam

"From the code what you want to do is working with SetStopLoss in the OnBarUpdate() method, here you can specifiy the stop loss to be set on your condition at a price based value, for example the Low of the last bar - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ub=SetStopLoss
      Whenever you recall SetStopLoss in OnBarUpdate(), your stop loss level would the be moved to the new supplied level you designate in your code - that's unfortunately not possible from the wizard."

Comment

I've gotten this email before but don't quite understand it fully.

I've gotten this message before but don't understand it fully, i looked inside the .zip and can't make sense of exactly what i have to do to get the condition to be set on an Onbarupdate() at a priced based value. How do i create the condition on a price based value at the low of the last bar?
        I've read alot of content on this and can't seem to formulate the answer, its taken me 3 weeks to try.
        Could you help me out by trying to teach me the code that needs to be written from this inquiry?

Kind Regards,

Cam

"From the code what you want to do is working with SetStopLoss in the OnBarUpdate() method, here you can specifiy the stop loss to be set on your condition at a price based value, for example the Low of the last bar - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ub=SetStopLoss
        Whenever you recall SetStopLoss in OnBarUpdate(), your stop loss level would the be moved to the new supplied level you designate in your code - that's unfortunately not possible from the wizard."

Comment

Cam,

I feel like I'm missing the whole picture here. Were you working with someone else? Where is that quote from? Who were you working with? If you received that in an email, or another thread, I'd suggest asking that user or member of team who likely has the pieces of the puzzle I'm not able to get from the limited context in this thread.

Thanks.
          MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by AaronKoRn, Yesterday, 09:49 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post AaronKoRn  
          Started by carnitron, Yesterday, 08:42 PM
          0 responses