Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Auto Chase within ATM Strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto Chase within ATM Strategy

Hi, I would like to know how I could incorporate the chase feature within an ATM. I would like my profit target to chase the current price. If the price moves away from my profit target, I would like the profit target to chase the price.

So for example, if I was entered long and price proceeded to fall, I would like my profit target to chase the price down until the price went up and hit my profit target.

I know there is currently "Target Chase" which is equivalent to "Chase if Touch". There is no equivalent to "Chase" within the ATM options. Can somebody help me achieve this.

Thanks.

Hello,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums!

It would not be possible to do so with an ATM Strategy at this time. I will submit this idea to our development team to consider adding this option in an upcoming version.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Would it be possible to achieve this with Ninja Script? Do I need to code?

Comment

It would be possible to emulate this function in a fully automated NinjaScript strategy, however it does require that your entry orders are automated as well. There is not a supported method for developing a NinjaScript strategy which would then operate from manually placed trades.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Yes, I would like a fully automated solution. Can you show me how to do this?

Comment

Originally posted by nourozi View Post
            Yes, I would like a fully automated solution. Can you show me how to do this?
            basicly it works like this : protected override void OnBarUpdate() { if (Historical) return; // Check for valid condition and create an ATM Strategy if (Close[0] > SMA(20)[0]) AtmStrategyCreate(Action.Buy, OrderType.Market, 0, 0, TimeInForce.Day, GetAtmStrategyUniqueId(), "MyTemplate", GetAtmStrategyUniqueId()); } and MyTemplate == the name of your created + saved ATM-strategy. The strategy enters + starts this ATM for Targets+TS+Exit+Stops you …

NT support file:

(2 hours with NT_Josh in big mike q&A...)
            BMT is now futures.io. Follow our new channel https://www.youtube.com/c/futuresio?sub_confirmation=1

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by futtrader, 04-21-2024, 01:50 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post futtrader  
            Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:55 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post bltdavid