Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy errors

I have been developing strategies via the wizard with no problem. I decided to try programming them. I simply copied and pasted code from an existing strat. to a new one. I had a bunch of errors so I canceled it. Now when I do a strat from the wizard, the errors from the strat I cancelled appear magically. How do I resolve this?

Hello snotrag12,

Copy/Pasting the entire code would not be recommended as it can lead to errors like you are seeing. You may copy/paste parts of code if you would like but not the entire code.

If you would like to you may create a new strategy with the original code from another strategy by going to the Control Center -> Tools -> Edit NinjaScript -> Strategy. Then double left click on the indicator that you want to have the original code from. It will then open up the source code for the Strategy. Right click inside the window and select Save As. Type in a name of your choosing then press "Save". Press the "OK" button as NinjaTrader will automatically rename them for you. Now you have a new strategy based off the original strategy code that you can modify.

Note if it inside of the Strategy Wizard you may press the View Code button, then select Save As.

Happy to be of further assistance.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by snotrag12 View Post
      I have been developing strategies via the wizard with no problem. I decided to try programming them. I simply copied and pasted code from an existing strat. to a new one. I had a bunch of errors so I canceled it. Now when I do a strat from the wizard, the errors from the strat I cancelled appear magically. How do I resolve this?
      The easiest thing to do will be to correctly delete the errant strategy by using the strategy creation dialog box to delete the file.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by bc24fl, 08-30-2019, 01:58 PM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post PaulMohn  
      Started by tradingnasdaqprueba, 04-09-2024, 09:52 AM
      6 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post tradingnasdaqprueba