Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Build a strategy that only draws few objects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Build a strategy that only draws few objects

Hi
    I am a beginner and I'm not able to program in C#. I would like to build few pesonal indicator that draw objects on the chart if any conditions are met. So not a strategy that sell and buy shares or futures. I have done somenthing good using the wizard toll, but not using the indicator section of the wizard. I used the "strategy" section to build it because more more simple for me.
    I have built a strategy that draws tolls and I have not set in any imput for buying o selling orders and the drawing objects look nice on my chart if I attach that "strategy". So my question: I have built really an indicator instead of a strategy (and it is what I wanted to do), but I would like to be sure that when I run it in real time it doesn't send orders (buy o sell) at the market. I have just seen that in the strategy data series on the chart it is not allowed to change any parameter on the orders side and it let me think it is a pretty good thing in my direction.
    So, I would like a feedback on this question.
    TKS
    Meo

Originally posted by meo10 View Post
    Hi
    I am a beginner and I'm not able to program in C#. I would like to build few pesonal indicator that draw objects on the chart if any conditions are met. So not a strategy that sell and buy shares or futures. I have done somenthing good using the wizard toll, but not using the indicator section of the wizard. I used the "strategy" section to build it because more more simple for me.
    I have built a strategy that draws tolls and I have not set in any imput for buying o selling orders and the drawing objects look nice on my chart if I attach that "strategy". So my question: I have built really an indicator instead of a strategy (and it is what I wanted to do), but I would like to be sure that when I run it in real time it doesn't send orders (buy o sell) at the market. I have just seen that in the strategy data series on the chart it is not allowed to change any parameter on the orders side and it let me think it is a pretty good thing in my direction.
    So, I would like a feedback on this question.
    TKS
    Meo
    1. If you do not have any order in the code, then no order can be sent.
    2. If all you are doing is drawing on the chart, you should be able to copy all your code directly into an indicator shell, and have an Indicator instead of a Strategy. Just build an empty indicator, and copy in the code.

Comment

Thank you very much. I will do and enjoy it on my charts

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by futtrader, 04-21-2024, 01:50 AM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post futtrader  
      Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:55 AM
      1 response