Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Long vs. short

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long vs. short

I've been playing around with a bunch of strategies,on es & eur.usd and I've noticed the long version of a strategy always does much better. I'm assuming this is mostly because it's been an up market, at least with the es. Any other ideas?

Originally posted by snotrag12 View Post
    I've been playing around with a bunch of strategies,on es & eur.usd and I've noticed the long version of a strategy always does much better. I'm assuming this is mostly because it's been an up market, at least with the es. Any other ideas?
    It's been a bull market for quite a few years. Just watch out for the bear, "flash" crashes, general sell offs, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by snotrag12 View Post
      Depends on the strategy makeup, but generally, in an induced bull market, the bull movement will be much elongated respective to the bear movements. We have been in an induced bull market since 2009. We are still in an induced bull market when someone with infinite funds is pumping $85billion/month into buying up the market.

Even in the normalized market, because most people cannot grasp the concept that they can sell before they buy, the long-term trend of stock markets is bullish, meaning that it general, long side strategies may perform better than short side ones.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by lightsun47, Today, 03:51 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post lightsun47  
      Started by 00nevest, Today, 02:27 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post 00nevest