Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

running strategy from chart vs. tab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

running strategy from chart vs. tab

hi all,

This is a bit of an open question so I hope it is possible to answer in the scope of this forum.

Apart from the visual aspect, are there differences between running a strategy from a chart vs. running it from the strategy tab? Should I generally expect the same behavior when running it from either one? The area of concern seems to be around running more than one instance of a certain strategy at once.

Onn

From the tab or chart, I believe you will find them to run identically. No fears about running multiple strategies on the same instruments. I would caution you to run from a chart during debugging and initial running, at least until you're very confident the strategy is doing exactly what you want it to do. I'd also run from the chart when you start running on any new instrument(s) you hadn't run before.

My comments are based on real experience running up to 10 instruments live.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your note.

No, there is no difference between running a strategy in the Strategies tab of the Control Center and running the strategy in a chart. In fact, when you add a strategy to a chart, it adds the strategy to the Strategies tab as well.

Also, there shouldn't be any issues with running the same strategy in different instances. Each instance will do its own calculations, take up its own space in memory, and does not communicate with any other strategy.

Please let me know if this does not resolve your inquiry.
      Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by AaronKoRn, Today, 09:49 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post AaronKoRn  
      Started by carnitron, Today, 08:42 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes