Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NinjaScript Import Failed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NinjaScript Import Failed

Hello Support,

One of my clients is trying to import a strategy into NinjaTrader but getting the following error:

"Import Failed. The NinjaScript Archive File may contain duplicate method names that already exist on your PC or there is a required file missing on either your PC or in the import archive."

I exported the strategy the same was as i always do and the client has done anything differently while importing the strategy. It was importing perfectly fine before today, and he has only today got this problem.

I researched and some folks suggested there might be a version conflict. But both of us are on the same version of NinjaTrader i.e. 7.0.1000.12.

Please advice.

Thanks
    Umer

Umer, could be coming up for a couple of reasons - best would be installing the file manually then and compiling so you would exactly see which methods are found to be duplicates. Do you potentially reference any open source studies in your script that the customer could have installed as well?

If you like we can test your export of course here, too - please contact us directly at support at ninjatrader dot com and reference this thread if you like.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      best would be installing the file manually then and compiling so you would exactly see which methods are found to be duplicates.
      Ok i will try that out.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      Do you potentially reference any open source studies in your script that the customer could have installed as well?
      No, we dont.

Comment

I have tried to compile the actual code and it compiles without any issues.
        Please advise.

Comment

The actual source code would not be the issue - what you would need to do is manually install the DLL on the client machine and then run a compile there to see which duplicates it would find offense at when compiling the assembly into his environment.

Comment

How can i install a library manually?

Comment

Copy the dll files into the Documents > NinjaTrader7 > bin > custom folder and then restart NT7 and recompile the all files. The duplicate error should then be showing up as compile errors so you knew which methods are the issue. This is exported from a clean development machine, meaning there would be no other custom 3rd party references installed on it?

Thanks,

Comment

Ok i will try it out.

The export had been working fine for the past 2 weeks and its only now that it has become problematic.
                --------------

EDIT: I have placed the DLL in the Custom folder. Then i compiled all files and there still isnt any compilation errors.

Thanks
                Last edited by Master.Aurora; 04-19-2013, 05:53 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by DawnTreader, 05-08-2024, 05:58 PM
                7 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                Started by sgordet, Today, 05:24 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post sgordet