Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Problem with my ExitShort

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with my ExitShort

hello, I am having an issue with my strategy that executes on every tick (CalculateOnBarClose=false) on a 100 tic chart.

I execute my trade for 3 contracts with the following command EnterLong(tradeContracts, "") where tradeContracts is set to "3". This command works fine.

I then sell my first contract with the command ExitShort(contractExit) with contractExit set to "1". This executes when I reach 5 tics. This command also works fine. I then sell my second contract with the same command ExitShort(contractExit) with contractExit set to "1". This executes when I reach 10 tics. This command is ignored!

The second contract executes the same exit code as the first, so I know the code is syntactically correct since it worked for the first contract.

Both of these exit commands occur in the same bar.

Any insight or advice is greatly appreciated.

Hello,

What message comes up in the output window when this occurs? (tools -> output window)

Have you verified the second exit is being called with a Print() ?

While this may not apply to this situation please see the section Internal Order Handling Rules that Reduce Unwanted Positions
    for more information on why this might have been ignored: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...d_approach.htm
    LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Lance. I tried several things and finally got it to work. Seems I needed to label my exits since they occur within the same bar. Once I did that, it worked like a charm. Hope this helps someone else with same issue.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by thumper57, Today, 04:30 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post thumper57  
      Started by OllieFeraher, 05-09-2024, 11:14 AM
      5 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post MisterTee