Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

PendingSubmit, then nothing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PendingSubmit, then nothing...

Hello,

Today my strategy placed a buy stop order that appears was never sent to the broker. Looking at the log, the order went to "PendingSubmit" status today at 1:15:48 pm. That was the only status shown in the log for that order. What happend to it?

About 3 minutes later a target buy market order was placed and everything was fine.

Since the buy stop order was my stop loss, this is a bit concerning to me. I'll have to code (and probably should have from the beginning) my strategy to make sure all orders make it to Accepted status.

Any ideas on how this can happen? Please let me know if you need any other information.

Thanks,

-Scott

NT6.5? Did you work with TraceOrders set to true?
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Curious: Anything in the logs? Did you by chance trade on sim feed where no starting price was set?

Comment

I am using Version 6.5.0.8. I did not have TraceOrders set to True, but I'll set that up going forward. This was a live account using Mirus and Zen-Fire data.

The logs do not show anything other that what I aleady mentioned. The order shows as PendingSubmit, and never gets referenced again.

I'm not sure if this is related or not, but I had an error message late in the day when I got back to my screens (long after this order was submitted). I sent this to Dierk already. It's too large of a file to upload, so either get it from him or I would be happy to email it.

I can send the logs, just let me know where and what else you need.

-Scott

Comment

Just PM'ed you for traces (!) and logs. Thanks

Comment

I'll be sending these to you after today's close.

Thanks,

-Scott

Comment

Ok, I am done here for the day and getting ready to shut things down. I am sure I will have the same issues as I always do when I shut down Ninja Trader. I will send my logs and traces before I shut down and after so you can see if anything is going on in the middle.

If there is anything else you want me to do first, let me know. I’ll be shutting down just after 4pm ET.

Thanks,

-Scott

Comment

No problem. Just go ahead and send me logs and traces. Thanks

Comment

All of the logs and traces have been sent. The two issues I am having are:

1. NT locks up when I disconnect from my broker after a long day of trading - every time.

2. As I mentioned below, I submitted an order yesterday that went to PendingSubmit status, but then disapeared. It did not happen today.

Please let me know what you find out. Also, I am willing to help any way I can, so just let me know what you need from me.

-Scott

Comment

Dierk was able to look at this problem and talk with ZenFire about it. According to Dierk, ZenFire never received the order. Dierk has chalked this up to possible internet issues and cannot explain the cause for sure.

I was ok with that until it happened again today. This time my strategy went to change an order (a stop order). The status was changed to PendingChange, but then never went any further. In fact, it is still there on my order book now in Orange. Luckily for me, my original stop was hit and the loss was manageable.

Something is causing orders to "get stuck". I know this is not an internet issue now. I have a separate connectivity monitor running to log any internet issues (unless Zen went down for a bit) - which I never got. Also, I filled and changed many orders around the same time and on through the rest of the day.

This is the second time this has happened in a week’s time. I take full reasonability for this problem since I am using a beta version. I just want to help get it fixed so I can feel comfortable walking away from my automated trading strategy.

Let me know what I can do. Again, I have not shut anything down yet, so let me know what you want done.

Thanks,

-Scott

Comment

By the way, I also got an error message at the end of the day that said "NinjaTrader has detected a problem and needs to be shut down...."

Maybe this is related and you will be able to find it in the trace logs...

-Scott

Comment

Sorry, we are pretty much out of ideas here, nor have we any other report on this PendingSubmit problem on ZenFire so far.

2 more potentials causes:
                        - are you behind a firewall which "silently" could close connections
                        - are you by chance on 64 bit Vista (64bit windows not supported at this time)

Comment

I am using the 32 bit version of Vista Ultimate on my trading machine. I’m using all Cisco equipment here (Pix 515 firewall and a Catalyst 2970 gigabit switch) and don’t think it could be closing connections. I would think I would have a lot more problems if that was the case.

However, it could very well be something on my side - a bad NIC or flaky wiring for example. I’ll start looking at that here and build a new machine for my trading to eliminate that possibility.

I do have a couple of questions. When NT submits an order and the status never changes (as in my case), what does NT do about it? In my case it appears nothing was done. Yesterday when my order went to PendingChange and stayed there, it remained that way for over an hour. After I shut down NT and brought it back up, it submitted the order (after hours). Is this normal behavior?

I very well could have something on my end causing the original order to skip a beat, but why would it just sit there and do nothing after that? Clearly NT knows it’s there as the status is in bright orange coloring. Why would NT not continue to try to manage the order until it got some kind of result?

Thanks,

-Scott

Comment

I sent you PM

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post burtoninlondon