Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Connection and Initial Hard Stops with Strategies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connection and Initial Hard Stops with Strategies

Hi there:

When running strategies that immediately put in a hard stop but also a limit...my understanding is that the hard stop is placed on the broker server immediately (broker side resided) and the limit is on the NT side and only submits the limit market from NT to the broker if it is hit (limit being on the NT side until hit) and then of course NT cancels the stop or other orders per the strategy....

I know it may be a bit different for each broker:

1. So, my question is if the connection goes down and can not auto connect back, will the hard stop remain in place on the broker side for MBTrading, CQG (AMP), and Zen Fire (Mirus RCG) so I am protected? FYI, I have the strategy to remain on while trying to reconnect in the NT options.

2. And, If NT, for any reason, disables a strategy while a position is on, will the hard stop (in that case ALSO) remain in place on the broker side for MBTrading, CQG (AMP), and Zen Fire (Mirus RCG) so I am protected? FYI, I have the strategy to remain on while trying to reconnect in the NT options.

Thanks folks!

Greg

Hello birdog,
    1. Where the order will reside will depend on the orderstate of the order. If the both the stop order and the limit order has the orderstate as working or accepted then both the orders are residing at the brokers/exchange's end.

Depending on you connectivity provider the OCO simulation may be locally simulated. Please refer to this post which further illustrates it.
    Note: This information is relevant for NinjaTrader 7 only. For NinjaTrader 8, please click here (https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/where_do_your_orders_reside_.htm). CQG Orders in a state "Accepted" or "Working" are at the exchange. If the exchange does not support a specific order type, the

2. Is the strategy got disconnected or got disabled? What are the options you have set in Tools>Options>Strategies tab>NinjaScript tab. Can you please upload a screenshot of the NinjaScript tab.
    JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by FitSpressoUpdate, Today, 01:50 PM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post FitSpressoUpdate  
    Started by DawnTreader, 05-08-2024, 05:58 PM
    14 responses