Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

SetStoploss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SetStoploss

I trying to have a breakeven stoploss when my open equity on the trade hits $200. Seems to be at least hitting the code with the indication I draw on the screen, but thestoploss order does not fire at the breakeven point, but waits till another exit in my code later on.. Enclosed is a portion of the trace and a chart with a crude circle where the stopout should of occured.

if (Position.GetProfitLoss(Close[0], PerformanceUnit.Currency)>= 200 && Position.MarketPosition != MarketPosition.Flat)
    {
    SetStopLoss(entryprice);
    DrawText("BEt"+ CurrentBar,"-s-s",0,entryprice,Color.Red);
    }
    Attached Files

Hello,

It looks like the Stop was placed at the time expected:

12/10/2012 4:00:00 AM Entered internal SetStopTarget() method: Type=Stop FromEntrySignal='' Mode=Ticks Value=0 Currency=1412.75 Simulated=False

12/10/2012 4:48:00 AM Entered internal SetStopTarget() method: Type=Stop FromEntrySignal='' Mode=Ticks Value=0 Currency=1412.75 Simulated=False

From your logs, was there any information truncated? Do you cancel these stops for any reason else where in the code/
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by gg80108 View Post
      I trying to have a breakeven stoploss when my open equity on the trade hits $200. Seems to be at least hitting the code with the indication I draw on the screen, but thestoploss order does not fire at the breakeven point, but waits till another exit in my code later on.. Enclosed is a portion of the trace and a chart with a crude circle where the stopout should of occured.

if (Position.GetProfitLoss(Close[0], PerformanceUnit.Currency)>= 200 && Position.MarketPosition != MarketPosition.Flat)
      {
      SetStopLoss(entryprice);
      DrawText("BEt"+ CurrentBar,"-s-s",0,entryprice,Color.Red);
      }
      Looks like you have an explicitly coded exit order somewhere?

Comment

Is this the StopLoss being canceled in the trace?: at 12/10/2012 7:42:00 AM Cancelled pending exit order, since associated position is closed: Order='NT-00339/Sim101' Name='Stop loss' State=Working Instrument='ES 12-12' Action=BuyToCover Limit price=0 Stop price=1422.25 Quantity=3 Strategy='ESanaTL' Type=Stop Tif=Gtc Oco='NT-00228-308' Filled=0 Fill price=0 Token='6a82db0bdab34d4f89ae52284b314300' Gtd='12/1/2099 12:00:00 AM'

I don't cancel anything but just reverse the position with a EnterShort(Qty,"short"),EnterLong(Qty,"long")
        I dont have any Name='Stop loss' in any of my orders.

Comment

the code just is a reversal strategy.. and everything was working as designed, I was just adding a BE stoploss to try and limit loses after some profit. So only the code SetStopLoss was added in an attempt to do this. Whats curious is that u can see on the screen print the -s-s when the SetStopLoss get placed and one would think that a few bars later when the price retraces to breakeven price should have fired an order to go flat, but seems to just doesn't care...

Comment

Hello gg80108,
            Looks like you have coded stop with the the absolute stop value overload.

Code:
            [COLOR="Red"]SetStopLoss(entryprice);[/COLOR]
            If you try changing the stop order code as below then are you able to make it work.

Code:
            SetStopLoss(CalculationMode.Price, entryprice);
            JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

txs works now....

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by haas88, 03-21-2024, 02:22 AM
              18 responses
              0 likes