Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy Positions Hung and Pending Submit Orders (from a prior restart and connect)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Positions Hung and Pending Submit Orders (from a prior restart and connect)

Hi,

I had several strategies running and the Zen-Fire Connection went orange/yellow. NT had to be restarted. When it restarted, I flattened all positions. The voice came up as if it was closing etc. It looks like it did flatten. However, the positions are still stuck, it seems, in a static position (non-moving when connected to a data feed), in the Positions Tab. I have restarted my entire computer and NT several times.

New positions go in and the unrealized/realized etc moves as normal...just can not get ride of the others.

I noticed in the Orders tab there are several orange "Pending Submit" too.

Please let me know how to clear out all those orders and Postions tab positions that should not now be there...thanks...

Greg

Hi Greg, which account were those stuck Pending orders submitted to? The Sim101?
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

they are accounts i created inside nt...so, they are similar to sim101

Comment

Bernard...I just noticed that those positions that were hung I thought were "static" are actually moving now too...but I can not close them...

Comment

Thanks, please reset them then under Tools > Options > Simulator to remove the stuck orders.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
            Thanks, please reset them then under Tools > Options > Simulator to remove the stuck orders.
            Hey Bertand...I don't see a option to remove stuck order there? Can you let me know a bit more specifically what to do...smile. Thanks...Greg

Comment

What you would need to then is reset your simulation account, you select your custom one(s) from the list under Tools > Options > Simulator / Reset and hit the 'Ok' button to proceed.

Comment

Also...how can I force a reconnect refresh without stopping the strategies...earlier it went from green to orange and now red...but it is not reconnecting...

I image I should stop running small backtest operations on the same computer as the strategies are running on right? I think this is when the connection goes orange sometimes and red...thoughts?

Comment

Yes, would be best to keep things separate so enough performance is available for managing the realtime operations - if computer resources would get limited / maxed out connections could get dropped / lost.

If it does not reconnect you, then please disconnect and reconnect manually. If you send us the trace / logs files we could review further what potentially contributed here, however strategies would need to be restarted then.

Comment

What you would need to then is reset your simulation account, you select your custom one(s) from the list under Tools > Options > Simulator / Reset and hit the 'Ok' button to proceed.
                    Ok...but what causes this condition so I can avoid in the future...resetting is to only way? Can I keep the historical info?

Comment

Unfortunately this would still be an issue we are chasing, so if you see this happen again for any reason I would appreciate any input that could help reproducing on our end.

You can keep the historical info, the account just needs to reset to clear those out.

Comment

Unfortunately this would still be an issue we are chasing, so if you see this happen again for any reason I would appreciate any input that could help reproducing on our end.

You can keep the historical info, the account just needs to reset to clear those out.
                        Ok...I just did that...most of them went away in the Positions tab. However, several of them did not clear out (of those I tried a 2nd time and they are still there). How can I get rid of the remaining that did not clear out with the above method?

Also, there are still the same amount of active orders still in the orders tab hung as well (it seems to have no effect on hung orders). How can I get rid of all hung orders as well as "Pending Submits" in the Orders tab?

I will try restarting NT as well to see if that does it while waiting for you...smile...thanks..

Comment

birdog,

If they're still there, you may try repairing your db under Tools--> Options--> Data tab--> Repair DB

Are you sure you're resetting the account that the orders were submitted to?
                          MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

I believe so...I reset several of them that worked to clear them out...but, a few of them will not clear after a reset for some reason. Option>Sim>Reset>then I select the account and uncheck clear history then ok...

What will resetting the database do? Will it remove anything crucial and or remove historical trades etc?

Greg

Comment

Resetting the DB will remove historical orders, executions ad ATM Strategy data

Historical chart data and ATM Strategy templates will be retained.
                              MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by tradingnasdaqprueba, 05-07-2024, 03:42 AM
                              13 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                              Started by bill2023, Yesterday, 08:21 AM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                              Started by DawnTreader, Yesterday, 05:58 PM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post DawnTreader  
                              Started by lorem, 04-25-2024, 09:18 AM