Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Problems with Strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with Strategy

Was hoping someone could help me with this strategy. I paid a programmer over a year ago for this but still can't get it to work.

*The program must be programmed so that margin is not used or cancels after a certain number of trades have been executed so that I don’t use margin. 5 buys/shorts maximum (that I manually input)

*I’m using Interactive Brokers as a data source and broker. Must accommodate their restrictions in terms of data. I also want flexibility in case I go to Esignal that allows for more data.

*I will enter position sizing for each of the stocks

*volume is based on market hours

Long Trade

1. Monitors more than one stock at a time. NYSE, Nasdaq or Amex

2. Opens a position in a particular stock after it hits “certain volume” and each stock will have different volumes. Once the volume triggers (based on volume during market hours), it will enter a buy order when MACD (5,13,6) and Stochastic (14,1,3) K% must be over 80.(labeled so that adjustments can be made) All three must be met when the moment the volume triggers otherwise there is no trade. The buy must occur before 11:00 am. (the time should also be adjustable in the script) (example If the volume triggers at 10 am but MACD and Stochastics and price do not meet criteria but end up later on to meet the criteria the trade DOES not proceed)

Excludes purchasing gap ups and downs that exceed 10% from previous close (adjustable) AND must be up compared to the previous close.

4. This is based on a daily chart set at 30 minutes time frame(settings I use on Medvid Quotetracker) Frequency is 30 minutes on a daily candlestick chart. The volume trigger should happen immediately (or within Interactive Broker) tick restrictions. This is what the MACD and Stochastic indicators should be based on.

5. Places an immediate stop loss order after the purchase of 2%.for market hours only on the first day

6. Places a market sell order if a certain “minimum close volume for that stock” is not achieved by

the end of the day. This volume number I would have to manually input for each stock

7. Places a sell order in the first 15-30 minutes the morning on the second day if a certain maximum volume is exceeded by the end of first day. This volume number would also have to manually inputed.

8. Automatically sells with a 10 % profit.

9. On second day automatically places a 5% trailing stop and removes 2 percent stop and keeps this in place for the next three days.

10. Automatically sells on fourth day at close. (Labeled in case I want to change the number of days)

Short Trade

If the following conditions are met (separate from the long trade)

1. Particular volume (only during market hours) is met unique only to short trades different than

from long trades and must be met prior to 10 am. This is where I enter the “short volume trigger prior to 10 am”. 10 am time should be labeled in case I want to change this later.

2. At the time the “short volume triggers”negative MACD and Stochastics below 20 and price decrease from previous close have to be met all at once at that time otherwise no trade. If they are all met at that time then short the stock. Price should be lower than previous close. Avoid gaps ups or downs over 10% (adjustable). If at the time of volume trigger MACD, Stochastics and price decrease aren’t met then no trade for that stock for the day.

3. Place an immediate 2% stop loss (adjustable) and profit sell at 10% on the short.

4. Cover the short right before close no overnight holding.
    sPaoloV2.cs

@MACD.cs

@MAX.cs

@MIN.cs

@SMA.cs

Last .cs file
    Attached Files

Comment

cdnPATRIOT,

You may want to consider the services of a NinjaScript consultant here : http://www.ninjatrader.com/partners#...pt-Consultants

Otherwise, hopefully someone will help you out. Unfortunately its a bit much for us to help with unless you would like to learn how to program NinjaScript yourself.
      Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by xepher101, 05-10-2024, 12:19 PM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post xepher101  
      Started by DawnTreader, 05-08-2024, 05:58 PM
      22 responses
      0 likes