Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Scaling out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scaling out

Hi there,

I am familiar with the following tip: Strategy: Scaling out of a position (http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=3751).

I am now trying to do pretty much the same, but I want to use SetStopLoss( ... ) AND I want to specify the stop is *not* simulated ; as a result, the only SetStopLoss() function available to me is the most complete:

SetStopLoss(string fromEntrySignal, CalculationMode mode, double value, bool simulated)

which seems to require to be matched to the Entry signal ... hence I lose the benefit of a single SetStopLoss() call (and of a single STOP order, I suppose) - unless there is a magic value for "fromEntrySignal" to designate all entries ?

Also ... on the entry side, I have to use 2 EnterLong/ShortLimit(...) with distinct SignalNames ... does this mean Ninja will send out 2 separate opening orders (or, assuming the entry price is the same for both signals, will there be only 1 opening order combining the quantities of the 2 function calls) ?

Thanks in advance
    Dominique

Hi Dominique, yes you would see 2 invididual orders being placed here for your entry when scaling in.

For exit, just refer to "" / an empty string as signal name to tie to, this would exit your full position for the stop then, so you can work with a single SetStopLoss and still scale out at various targets referring to an individual entry signal.

Thanks,
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Bertrand

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by ZeroKuhl, Today, 04:31 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post ZeroKuhl