Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Sync Acount Position True/False

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Means :

I don t understand the difference in REEL trade

Thanks

Hello,

It is important to understand that there is a difference between your Account Position and your Strategy Position.

When starting your strategy, it is possible for your Account Position to reflect a different position than your Strategy Position.

When this occurs, you can attempt to sync the account and strategy to display the same position by using Sync Account Position = True.

Please review our Help Guide article on Syncing Account Positions for more information:

MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

I have similar issue with my simulation account. I have 4 strategies set up 1 long and 1 short on ES an same on RTY, when I enable on 1 position RTY long it showed as connected to Noftautotrader and nothing in the sync position not true or false, when I tried to open ES long and short it showed False in sync and same for RTY short. I am confused by this as why does RTY long show nothing and other show false?

Comment

Hello markjd123,

Thank you for your reply.

Could you provide a screenshot of your Strategies tab of your Control Center?

It would not be recommended to run more than one strategy at the same time on the same account and instrument combination as this will result in strategies being out of sync from the account position. If you have two strategies, one that goes long and one that goes short, it would be recommended to combine the logic into a single strategy that goes both long and short so the position is appropriately managed.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.
        Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Kate, this is what I have below, what I mean is I was trying to run simulation for both S&P 500 on 1 chart long and RTY on another chart Long

Comment

Hello markjd123,

In your screenshot none of these are enabled, so the strategy position would appear blank and that would be expected.

It would not be recommended, as I mentioned previously, to enable both the short and long strategies on the same account/instrument combination at the same time. This will tend to cause your strategy position to become out of sync with the account position.

For example, let's say we have strategy A and strategy B and A is our long strategy and B is our short. Both begin in a flat position, and our overall account position is also flat. Strategy A submits an order for 10 long. While Strategy A is still in that position, strategy B gets a signal and enters a position of 5 short.

At this point, Strategy A still thinks it's 10 long because strategies are self-contained and aren't aware of what other strategies are doing. Strategy B thinks it's 5 short as well, but the actual position of the overall account is 5 long, which leads to inaccurate PnL reporting.

We would, as I also previously mentioned, recommend combining the logic of the two strategies into a single strategy that goes either long or short depending on signals and that way your strategy and account position would stay synchronized (as long as you're not also placing manual trades to the account and instrument combination.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.

Comment

sorry my mistake I took it after they were not enabled lol, what it appears to be doing is it is only connecting one strategy which could be the problem, an when 1 is enabled it doesn't show false enable 2 an 1 it goes false sometimes both, sometimes both get connected an show false sometimes only 1 will connect an that one doesn't show false but enable second and that does, if that makes sense?
              long2 RTY 09-20 5 Minute 0/0/2005/2000/0/1300 (BreakEven/BreakEvenPlus/CloseAll/EndTrade/MinimumStop/StartTrade) - 1 L False 0 $0.00 $0.00 Sim101 My NinjaTrader Continuum True
              short2 RTY 09-20 5 Minute 0/0/2005/2000/0/1300 (BreakEven/BreakEvenPlus/CloseAll/EndTrade/MinimumStop/StartTrade) - 1 L 0 $0.00 $0.00 Sim101 False
              long2 ES 09-20 5 Minute 0/0/2005/2000/0/1300 (BreakEven/BreakEvenPlus/CloseAll/EndTrade/MinimumStop/StartTrade) - 1 L False 0 $0.00 $0.00 Sim101 My NinjaTrader Continuum True
              short2 ES 09-20 5 Minute 0/0/2205/2000/0/1300 (BreakEven/BreakEvenPlus/CloseAll/EndTrade/MinimumStop/StartTrade) - 1 L 0 $0.00 $0.00 Sim101 False

Comment

on my tunnel trader auto training from trading agency it shows 2 positions as true on same S&P 500 strategy page, look at video on link below 23;53 minutes near the end

https://edu.tradersagency.com/path-p...1b6f143032Unit

Comment

Hello markjd123,

Well, from what you've supplied here, it appears you have an active position in your account on each RTY and ES. You'd want to ensure the account position is also flat prior to starting your strategies, or set them to either Immediately Submit, Synchronize Account or Wait Until Flat, Synchronize Account. When you use one of the "Synchronize Account" options, here's what occurs if your strategy position doesn't match the account position:

"If the Account Position does not match your Strategy Position, NinjaTrader will submit a market order(s) to reconcile the Account Position to match your Strategy Position. The strategy will then begin managing your Strategy Position immediately."

Note: The reconciliatory market order is submitted outside of the strategy so your strategy will not be able to manage it from methods like OnOrderUpdate(), OnExecution(), etc.

It should be noted if you try to run a second strategy, the second strategy may also submit a reconcilatory order that would throw the first out of sync with the account.

Comment

Thank you Kate 100% right I found 2 positions open, great help thank you, It didn't register in my head as still learning I must have deleted it so couldn't see my open positions, sorry for the confusion, I am a bit mental as well lol

Comment

Probably not your area but worth a try lol, how do I work out what parameters to use on strategy for S&P500 and RTY

Comment

Hello markjd123,

We would not be able to advise on setting parameters for your strategy as that would be considered trading advice and would be a compliance issue. I will leave this thread open in case one of our users has any advice for you.

Comment

Hi Kate, on the simulation account I cannot see were it shows how to choose an amount to trade like micros or minis, seems crazy I can't find it anywhere, will probably be in an obvious place

Comment

Hello markjd123,

Thank you for your note.

If you are talking about futures, the Micros are separate instruments from the Minis. So, the micro for the RTY would be M2K, and the micro for the NQ would be the MNQ instrument.

These instruments are automatically smaller, so the contracts are 1/10th the size of the micros.

You should be able to locate these in your Instrument Manager, however, if you're running NinjaTrader 7 this may require an update to have them loaded into the database.

An uninstall, reinstall, and instrument reset is necessary to receive these new symbols if you do not see them in the NinjaTrader 7 database. This is required even if you're using the latest version of NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.40. Please follow the following steps (this will not affect or remove your custom files or settings):
                            • Copy your license key from the Control Center > Help > License Key window.
                            • Close all running applications.
                            • Uninstall NinjaTrader within Windows Control Panel.
                            • Once these steps are completed, download and install NT7 from the link below.

Once installed, reset your instruments:
                            • Disconnect from your data feed: NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Disconnect> Select your data feed.
                            • Reset your Instruments: NinjaTrader Control Center> Tools> Options> Data tab> Reset Instruments> OK.
                            • Restart NinjaTrader

After the instrument reset, you should find these new instruments within the NinjaTrader Instrument Manager and will be able to add them to your instrument lists.

Comment

Hi Kate, I have ninja 8, Yes done that training stuff just couldn't find were to find them to buy or sell the different sizes, do i need to speak to my tunnel trader auto software to find out setting them on there stuff or are they all set in the instrument manager? thank you

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                              5 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Bidder
                              by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes