Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Debugging "Pending Submit" stalls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Debugging "Pending Submit" stalls

Hi,
    My strategies all use simulated trailing stop losses. Yesterday several were triggered to buy/sell. But many of the orders appeared to stall in the state of "Pending Submit" in the Orders Tab. I am looking through the Trace file for clues and the first strange thing that I see is this:

2012-04-10 10:23:45:303 WARNING: Order Event Warning:Attribute 'Outside Regular Trading Hours' is ignored based on the order type and destination. PlaceOrder is now being processed. 2109

As you can see by the time stamp this is during trading hours and so why would there be a warning that this is outside of trading hours? I am using US Equities RTH and this is a NYSE traded ETF that trades 1M+ shares per day. I use IB with an advisor account.

Any idea why this warning would come up? I realize that it is just a warning and it was ignored, but....

Thanks.

joesandyego,

This message comes from Interactive Brokers. I believe it can be safely ignored but you will want to check with them for the specifics.
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Adam,
      IB claims that this is an issue related to NT using an older version of the IB API. I will continue to work through this with them and send them log files, but it sounds like they are just going to send it all back to NT and say that you need to update the IB API that you use.

Anyways.... I'll keep looking to see why my trades got stuck in pending.

Best.

Comment

joesandyego,

I will check on my end as well and get back to you as soon as I can.
        Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

joesandyego, could you please also contact us via Help > Mail to Support so we would have access to your log and traces for review of the issue seen?

Thanks,
          BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Outside trading hours

Did you get a solution to this warning? It has been delaying my entries. I have checked the IB TWS presets to allow outside reg trading hours etc.... still get the log message which doesnt matter in itself.. but delayed entries do matter.

Regards and thx

Comment

This would just be a warning everington_f that would be expected to get ignored, it should not delay order processing -

'WARNING: Order Event Warning:Attribute 'Outside Regular Trading Hours' is ignored based on the order type and destination. PlaceOrder is now being processed. 2109'

Comment

I am getting quite long delays... around 20 seconds, if you see the log you will understand what I mean

Comment

Please send those to us via Help > Mail to Support so we could review. The message itself is just a warning...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by ChastiJose, Today, 03:37 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post ChastiJose  
                  Started by Klaus Hengher, Today, 03:13 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes