Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to Plot secondary bars object on the chart within a strategy script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Plot secondary bars object on the chart within a strategy script

Hello,

Two questions:
    1)Is it possible to plot a secondary bar object on the chart from within the strategy script? ( I have added the bars in the initialize method like so: Add("6A 03-12", PeriodType.Minute, 1); // Index [1] ) However, I am not able to plot it using the script (like I do manually on the chart window)

2)I have added a dataseries within my strategy script in the initialize method (var = new DataSeries(this, MaximumBarsLookBack.Infinite) How do I plot it on the chart from within the strategy script? (I do use the var.set(value) to set the dataseries from within the strategy)

Thank you in advance!
    Gary

Hi Gary, correct Add() series would be only used internally for calcs, but not available to add to the charting from the script - you would need to add manually like you've done on your chart.

For plotting from a NinjaScript strategy, please see this example for a technique -

When running a strategy on a chart you may find the need to plot values onto a chart. If these values are internal strategy calculations that are difficult to migrate to an indicator, you can use the following technique to achieve a plot. NinjaTrader 8 With NinjaTrader 8 we introduced strategy plots which provide the ability
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by sdauteuil, 09-23-2021, 10:16 AM
    10 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_RyanS  
    Started by Grantx, 05-31-2020, 06:49 AM
    7 responses
    0 likes