Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Short-Term Swings as published in Sept 2010's S&C Magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Short-Term Swings as published in Sept 2010's S&C Magazine

The "Short-Term Swings" indicator written by Josh shows trend by drawing trend lines in red / green.
    I am trying to build a strategy which sends a buy order if the line color is GREEN and a sell order if the color is RED. To get this, I wanted to build an IF ... THEN condition using the condition builder in NT strategy wizard. Here comes the problem. When I open up the "Short-Term Swings" indicator in the strategy wizard , I do not see any True/False parameter about the green / red lines. I believe that these events are certainly generated by the indicator for the plotting function. But I can not access it because these are directly given to the plotter function without using a parameter. Sadly I am not a programmer otherwise I would have been able to do.

I am seeking help from the author of this indicator (Josh) or other forum members for chnages in the code so that the parameter for color is exposed.

Hello,

Thanks for the forum post.

What you would need to do is add these changes into the indicator itself unfortunately since they are not designed in by default.

To so this you will want to use this sample

Comment

maybe a bit late, but because I didn't find a real solution for the "non-C#programmer", I thought the following strategy might be helpfull to all who want to experiment with the ShortTermSwings indicator in a strategy from within the strategy builder.

The attached strategy goes long when the Shorttermswings indicator becomes green, and goes short when it goes red.
      This strategy can be eddited in the strategybuilder if you would like to add improvements....

Marco

update 10/27/2011
      added stoplosss and profit target to strategy so it has some configurable parameters, in order to use it in the strategy optimizer
      Attached Files
      Last edited by marcow; 10-27-2011, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Hi marcow, thanks for sharing!
        AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Marco...check your NT PM, please.

Thanks!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by dcriador, Today, 12:06 PM
          0 responses