Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Problem Importing Strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem Importing Strategy

Hello,

I just got NT7 set up and I was going to use a strategy from this forum just to text out functionality. When I attempt to import the strategy folder (both zipped and unzipped) it returns the following error in the import wizard.

"You have custom NinjaScript files on your PC that have programming errors. These errors must be resolved before you can import a NinjaScript Archive file"

The file is located on my desktop and it has been downloaded and used successfully according to comments in the download area. I have not attempted to create or save any strategies of my own so I don't know whats up.

Even if it did have programming errors, I can't even open it up in NT to fix it!

Thank you for the help.

Phil

Hello CaptainFill,

Thank you for your post.

It is possible that the programming errors are occurring from an installed indicator or strategy.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader compiles all indicators and strategies- not just one.
    • Open NinjaTrader
    • From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
    • Select an indicator and double click on it.
    • A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
    • At the bottom of the window a new section will appear were you can find the error locations.
    • From there you have the option to remove the indicator or debug it.

Let me know if this does the trick for you.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Matthew,

Unfortunately that doesn't help

I am looking to import a strategy, not an indicator however I'm sure the process is similar for both. When I go to Tools > Edit NinjaScript > Strategy the only ones that I see are the default sample 4.

I have deleted the previous erroneous strategy and downloaded another strategy thinking that the first may have been buggy. The 2nd attempt with a new strategy resulted in the same problem in that it would not import because of a strategy having errors.

Comment

CaptainFill,

When you compile an indicator or strategy, it will compile all indicators and stratigies. Although you are receiving errors when importing a strategy, please open any indicator and compile and see if it returns with errors. If errors, you will need to debug the errors reported.

If no errors when compiling, your installed indicators and strategies should be OK and this will isolate the errors to the script you are trying to import. If this is the case, can you please check if this strategy was designed for NT V6.5 or NT V7? Is there another version of the strategy you can import? Can you contact the author of this strategy?

Comment

I think we're getting close, I clicked on a random strategy and hit compile and it came up with two errors.

Metadata file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7\bin\WilsonORMapper.dll' could not be found

and

Metadata file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7\bin\NinjaTrader.Core.dll' could not be found

No clue what to do at this point. I'm not sure where those files could have gone.

Thank you.

Comment

CaptainFill,

Please right click on the code and select "References".

If a refernece to NinjaTrader.Core.DLL and WilsonORMapper.DLL exist, please highlight these and select delete.

Once deleted, please click on the "Add" button an navigate to your PC's Program Files\NinjaTrader 7\bin directory. From here you should see the "NinjaTrader.Core.DLL" and the "WilsonORMapper.DLL".

Please select these files individually and then press OK.

Once added, please recompile your script and check for errors. If no further errors, please try reimporting your strategy.

Comment

I'm following ya so far, Matthew!

I don't have either file in my bin folder at my NT7 directory. I have searched everywhere with no avail.

My thoughts is that the installation got messed up and was installed under my documents instead of a program directory. Perhaps a reinstall will fix it?

Comment

CaptainFill,

If you cannot locate these, you should be able to reinstall to repair these files.

Please note that the steps below will not impact your charts, workspaces, custom indicators or any other NinjaTrader settings.
                1. Close all running applications.
                2. Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.
                3. From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 7 and click Remove.
                4. Then you will need to clear your internet browser cache and history. You will clear this from within your internet browser (with IE, Tools-->Options, delete cookies and files, clear history).
                5. Reboot your machine.
                6. Once these steps are completed, download NT7.0.1000.7 from the link below:
                7. http:/www.ninjatrader.com/download-registration

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Comment

I did everything that you suggested and ended up with the same problem, it actually got worse as the error code list brought up about 20, haha.

But... there is some good news. I uninstalled for the 3rd time and then had to manually delete 2 folders that the uninstall left behind. Once they were removed, I went back and downloaded 7.06 instead of 7.07 and now everything works fine.

So, it was either the removing of the 2 files left behind or 7.07 is incompatible with my machine.

Regardless, I'm glad that it is working now. If you wan't more details to troubleshoot my case for future versions let me know. Otherwise, thank you for your help!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by ZeroKuhl, Today, 04:31 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post ZeroKuhl  
                  Started by Vulgoth_t_Destroyer, 05-09-2022, 04:45 PM
                  54 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Gaterz