Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Interactive Brokers - Stop Trigger Method

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interactive Brokers - Stop Trigger Method

Hi,

i have a question regarding the orders that are sent via the API to Interactive Brokers.

At IB it is possible to set up the Trigger Method for orders that are sent to IB trough the API.

I found out, that under normal circumstances orders are sent via the trigger method "default", which means, that a price has to be hit a few times before an order gets triggered (stock trading).

When using the trigger method "last" instead of "default" the order immediately gets executed as soon the stop price is hit once.

My question is, how do i send the information from ninjatrader to interactivebrokers whith the attribute "last", so that my order get executed immediately ?
    (i´m using the unmanaged approach for my strategys).

Thank you for your help !

Hello nt2010,

Unfortunately there are not equivalent NinjaScript properties to set your orders with these flags. You may want to contact IB support to see if this is something you can set at a global level for all orders.

Alternatively, you may consider submitting a market order conditionally when the desired stop price matches the last price.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Ryan,

thank you for your answer. Sadly IB told me to contact you regarding this issue, because this attribute would have to be sent from ninjatrader via the API to the IB traderworkstation. Do you see to realize this somehow in advanced programming in ninja script or is there absolutely no way ?

(to use a market order conditionally is no option for me, because slippage would be higher then...)

Thank you
      NT2010

Comment

I see -- Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately NinjaScript does not offer this. It's built with the largest compatibility in mind, so you won't typically see properties that are specific to only one API.
        Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I just like to let you know, that one of your competitors implemented this feature within a few days after request into an comparative complex piece of software.

Within their IB-configuration during installation they just ask the client to select the stop trigger method and then its working for every order.

I´m sure that if you would, you could easily implement this as well.

Their only information that was given by reqesting client was:
          Interactive Brokers complete API documentation. Encompassing Trader Workstation (TWS) API, Client Portal API, Excel API and more.

search for "trigger method" and on Rank 1 you´ll find how easy it is
          to tell the API how to handle it.
          0 for default,
          1 for doulbe bid ask
          2 for last etc.

Well, you might consider it as well... it took days for them, you might finish it within hours ;-)

Comment

Hello nt2010,

Thank you for your suggestion on how we can improve our product. I will submit this suggestion for the enhancement of NinjaTrader to our product development team to be consideration for a future NinjaTrader release. We at NinjaTrader highly value the suggestions of users. Once I get a unique tracking ID for this request I will send it to you.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
            JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

sounds better then last time. looking forward for implementation. I alone know 2 stock traders that would consider buying NT if this function would be implemented, but however they sure now have the chance going with the competitor first now.
              For me, i would be more then happy if this would be the first implemented recommendation from my side since NT7 is state of art with only a few downsides. Looking foreward to the the tracking ID.

Comment

You can set this parameter directly in the TWS on a per instrument basis. I run Ninja strategies via IB and have been doing so for quite some time.

Comment

Hello nt2010,

Thank you for your suggestion on how we can improve our product. It has been inserted into our tracking system with the unique ID # 1907.

Comment

Thank you for the tracking ID. good to hear that you take it in consideration for improving ninjatrader.
                    As exisiting client i would realy be happy it this feature would be implemented.

Could you let me know what i can do with the number ?
                    Thank You !

Comment

Hello nt2010,

You can check on the status of the feature request by sending an email to support [at] ninjatrader [dot] com with the feature request number.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by Uregon, Today, 03:44 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post Uregon
                      by Uregon

Started by CyberNate, 11-17-2020, 08:15 PM
                      2 responses