Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Holdings Value / Capping Margin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holdings Value / Capping Margin

Hello,

From reading the forums I understand that right now importing total account value is not supported at this time.

However, my question is, is there ANY kind of value available for importing and using as part of a strategy?

For example, I've defined my account value as $XX in my strategy. My brokerage allows me to trade on margin, which I do. However, I would like to set a maximum amount of margin to use, even though my broker may allow me to use more.

Is there any way to, say, import the total value of current holdings? That way, if value of current holdings is, for example, > 1.5x my defined account value, the strategy will not trade anymore, until one or more holdings gets sold, thereby bringing total value of holdings < 1.5x my defined account value.

Is there anything I can do with NT that would allow me to cap the amount of margin I'm using?

Hope this makes sense!

Regards,

Edwin

Edwin, unfortunately I'm not aware of another way - you would need to have access to live account stats, which will be possible with NinjaTrader 7 from NinjaScript (varies per provider of course) -

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by llanqui, Today, 11:10 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post llanqui
    by llanqui

Started by llanqui, Today, 10:29 AM
    0 responses