Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Always use limitOrder with "liveUntilCancelled" in slow markets ... ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always use limitOrder with "liveUntilCancelled" in slow markets ... ?

Hi,

I have seen weird case when using limit-orders which are only active for the current bar.

When trading in markets which are very slow and doesn't produce many ticks per minute (e.g. overnight 6E germany time) then I use the following order:

Code:
    targetOrder = ExitShortLimit (0, false, quantity, targetLevel, "Profit-Target", entryOrder.Name);
    The second parameter indicates that this order is only active for the current bar, so at the next bar I have to reset the order.

Now I'm working on M1-Timeframe and sometimes after midnight I see in my log that the limit order is cancelled ... after testing with the replay connection I can reproduce the following ...

00:26 - Orders placed, all seems to be ok.
    00:27 - Orders placed again, because I need to set it for everey bar
    00:28 - ...
    00:29 - ...
    00:30 - Order: Type = Limit State = Cancelled

There is no new bar on 00:30 because there are limited ticks in the market, so the next bar opens at 00:30 plus 10 seconds, and right before the 10 seconds the Limit-Order is cancelled.

So I need some confirmation about this. Is my assumption correct that in a slow market the orders are cancelled on a new bar, when there are no new ticks for the new bar ... after 10 seconds of inactivity?

So for this case I need to use always "liveUntilCancelled" configuration of orders?

Thx,
    DT

DT, there's no set time when the order will expire in this case, when you have a slow market like this it will be cancelled when the next open tick for a new bar arrives (with liveUntilCancelled to false).
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok, thx for the answer ... but the posted flow is exactly that what happens in my case. Only with liveUntilCancelled = true the orders are not cancelled. It is very easy to reproduce ... maybe it is a bug in NT ... don't know ... but the workaroung works for me ...

Thx,
      DT

Comment

Please use TraceOrders = true to see the exact reason it was cancelled.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by algospoke, Today, 06:53 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post algospoke  
        Started by mlprice12, 12-21-2021, 04:55 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes