Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy entry market orders don't get filled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy entry market orders don't get filled

Can somebody help me pls?

I've began running live automated system after a couple mounths of backtesting. I am running my strategy from the chart. I have a problem: strategy orders/positions appears on chart only after I close strategy and reload. System doesn't send orders automatically into TWS platfrom. This can be the problem?

/// <summary>
    /// Called on each bar update event (incoming tick)
    /// </summary>
    protected override void OnBarUpdate()

Please help...

Please follow this tip and see if you get any messages when running your strategy: http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ead.php?t=3627
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

not updating the bars on live strategy running

Running live strategy from the chart. Does not execute trading conditions. Entries and exits appear only when I reload strategy on the chart. What should I do?

Comment

serman, to which account do you execute? On the Sim101 they would stay inside of NinjaTrader.

Also: please remove any CalculateOnBar references in called indicators and control this only from the strategy Initialize() directly.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Bertrand,

I am runninng live trading strategy with TWS. I am running this strategy from the ninja trader chart. On the Sim101 account everything is fine, the problem is with the live trading account. I am not using any "calculate onbarclose" references. But I have set up chart to run from specific period of time...

Comment

serman, do you see any errors in the log tab? Did you check into TraceOrders yet to debug? - http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ead.php?t=3627

So the strategy is running as expected in realtime trading on the Sim101 account?

Which TWS and NT versions do you employ? We recommend using TWS 895.3 with NT 6.5.1000.12 currently - http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/su...ivebrokers.htm

Comment

Bertrand,

I am using trace orders, have checked log files but nothing there. Output window does not print anything. I will try to update ninja trader but seems to me that the problem is with the bar update. Now I reloaded strategy and it exited from the position a few bars ago while the position in the TWS is sill the same....

Comment

serman, ok please upgrade to the latest NinjaTrader release via Help > Download Site.

Then contact me with the Help > Mail to Support feature ( Attn Bertrand ) and check to include Trace and Logs.

Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Karado58, 11-26-2012, 02:57 PM
                8 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Option Whisperer  
                Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:05 AM
                0 responses