Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT Doing Live Buy/Sell at Non-existant Price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT Doing Live Buy/Sell at Non-existant Price

I'm using vanilla:

ExitLong();
    and
    ExitShort();

to run a strategy in sim against the live market (not recorded data).

On occasion (not always), NT exits trades at non-existant prices. I've attached screen shots of three of these trades from today.

The 02 file shows a YM trade on a 10 tick candle. NT thinks the trade was made at 9197 while none of the candles even approach that value. A winning trade was turned into a loosing trade.

The 03 file shows another YM trade at 9209 where the sale was 2 points below the low of the candle.

File 04 shows an FDAX trade at 5427.5 that is 1 point below the low of the candle.

In all of these (and more), the sale seems to be made away from the actual values of the market at or around the time of sale.

I can't find any that are in my favor, unfortunately. I can't imagine live trading with unpredictable sales prices.

Ideas?

Thanks,

Larry
    Attached Files

Larry, when you open a chart it will use the last price to create the candles. When you then execute trades with Mar****rders on this in simulation or live of course the bid / ask spread would come into play, so this is what you see here (depends of course also on which fill you get on the simlulation engine).
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the answer, Bertrand!

So, what I see happening is exactly what might happen to me live trading in a live market. Affirmative?

Some of the trades are far enough from what the strategy expects that it's unsettling. I assume the way to deal with this is to use limit orders, but that could get me in worse shape than the mandatory close order I'm using if the market took off the wrong way.

I assume I'm stuck with the way I'm doing it and have to be happy with the result.

Thanks again,

Larry

Comment

Larry, yes with market orders you have consider the spread, especially for example in forex, where you would see the bid displayed as last.

What you can also check is your PC clock and make sure it's synched up with internet time, as incoming executions would be stamped using this.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by sdauteuil, 09-23-2021, 10:16 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post jacobpescaia44  
        Started by agclub, 04-21-2024, 08:57 PM
        5 responses
        0 likes