Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

OnExecution, order "FromEntrySignal" never set?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OnExecution, order "FromEntrySignal" never set?

Hello,

is that property useless in that context? I try to match up the executions to the signals I have.

Actually even in the IOrder objects I get returned from methods like EnterLong... that string is not set.

This makes matching executions back to the different orders sadly pretty much impossible.

Please advice.

Hello,

I am sure you have this link already, but just in case you don't:

Can you post some sample code so I can test the "context" you mention?
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Well, there is no code really needed.

Whenever I try to access this property in the order from any event, it is an empty string. Point.

Make code, hook up some code in OnExecution, OnOrderUpdate - take the orders FromEntrySignal proeprty, and it is empty.

This, sadly, is a tad inconvenient. I could skip this whole token management if this propert would work as described (containing the from entry signal). Instead of that, I have to track the orders now, going back from token to signal.

Comment

Hello,

It should work, that is why I want to see how you are doing it so can help you sort it out if that is possible.

Did you read this:
        <LI class=rvps1>An IOrder object returned from calling an order method is dynamic in that its' properties will always reflect the current state of an order <LI class=rvps1>An IOrder object passed in from the OnOrderUpdate() method is volatile in that its' properties remain static and do not change. DO NOT hold on to these references for the purpose of checking its' properties outside of the OnOrderUpdate() method. Check the IOrder object returned from the original call to the order method. <LI class=rvps1>IOrder objects are NOT unique per order and therefore do not compare IOrder objects to each other to determine equality <LI class=rvps1>To check for equality check the <IOrder>.Token property which is a guaranteed unique identifier for an order <LI class=rvps1>The property <IOrder>.OrderId is NOT a unique value since it can change throughout an order's lifetime
        You can find it here:
        DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, I do.

What code you want to see?

THe IOrder does not provide signal information. Neither in VIsual studio, nor in code. I always get back an empty string. As such, the properties are simply not operating.

Comment

NetTecture,

IOrder objects for sure provide order information when used correctly. Please post up your code of your IOrder use.
            Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by FishTrade, Today, 11:11 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post FishTrade  
            Started by Austiner87, Today, 03:42 PM
            1 response
            0 likes