Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Stop orders not entered?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop orders not entered?

Ok, this is sort of hopefullz mz final one.

I have problems getting stop orderd into the system.

The code is:
    ExitShortStop (0, true, _Size1, _Stop, EXIT_S1, ENTRY_S1);
    ExitShortStop (0, true, _Size2, _Stop, EXIT_S2, ENTRY_S2);
    ExitShortStop (0, true, _Size3, _Stop, EXIT_S3, ENTRY_S3);
    The trace is:
    23/07/2009 14:02:46 Entered internal PlaceOrder() method at 23/07/2009 14:02:46: Action=BuyToCover OrderType=Stop Quantity=1 LimitPrice=0 StopPrice=8876 SignalName='Stop 1' FromEntrySignal='HA S1'
    23/07/2009 14:02:46 Entered internal PlaceOrder() method at 23/07/2009 14:02:46: Action=BuyToCover OrderType=Stop Quantity=1 LimitPrice=0 StopPrice=8876 SignalName='Stop 2' FromEntrySignal='HA S2'
    23/07/2009 14:02:46 Entered internal PlaceOrder() method at 23/07/2009 14:02:46: Action=BuyToCover OrderType=Stop Quantity=1 LimitPrice=0 StopPrice=8876 SignalName='Stop 3' FromEntrySignal='HA S3'

Just... the order never shows up. I can see profit targets on my DOM, but I simply do not see the stop loss orders, AND.... they actually.... are not in the system.

No trace of that is in the log either. It just seems... the order is simply not placed. Any idea?

Are you targets placed with the Set() methods NetTecture? Then you may run into the 'Internal Order Handling Rules' with your code - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...verview36.html (last section of this link)
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The targets are (with SetProfitTarget) for 2 of the three positions (the third has none).

Then I set ExitxxxStop.... for all three. Which means, IF the SetProfitTarget would interfere.... it should do so not for all three, but only 2 of the three positions, as the third has no profit target.

Just happened again. I see the targets, I do not see the stops.

There is NO information about what happens there. All I know is that I am left without my stop losses in place, and NInja does not bother providing any information. HEck, it does not even say "ok, we just did not put the order in". Neither log, nor order trace, nor DOM provide any clue.

Naturally, I need to get the stops into place, you know

Comment

Note btw. ,your documentation:

For the most part, you do not need to be intimately familiar with these rules as you develop your strategies, its all taken care of for you internal within a strategy. If a rule is violated, you will be notified through an error log in the Control Center log tab when running a strategy in real-time or in a backtest.
        Bad news: there is no info why the freaking orders do not go in. Nada. The stops are just ignored.

Comment

NetTecture, it would be helpful if you can post your full code to review, if you would not like to post it on the forums, you can PM me or send it to support at ninjatrader com

If you see no mentioning in your traces, the stops do get placed, we have to isolate out why you're not seeing them like the targets.
          BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by xepher101, 05-10-2024, 12:19 PM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post xepher101  
          Started by DawnTreader, 05-08-2024, 05:58 PM
          22 responses
          0 likes