Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Triggering stops on bid/ask?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Triggering stops on bid/ask?

Hello,

is there a way (recommended) to trigger stop orders when the bid/ask spread is appropriate even when no trade happened?

Here is the issue. I am working with a forex system, just zen-fire does not have forex (again, and can not give me time now officially when this will be open). I figured out I can move 4 of the 5 pairs I want to trade over to the forex mini futures on globex - that actually works reasonably well.

Except: noone seems to be using them. Spreads are ok, possibly because some banks take a tick more and just wrap up their forex offers.

But without trades, I may be 20 pips through my stop loss trigger by the time someone actually trades. And sadly, this seems to happen quite regular - currency pairs move forward, no trae happen, next time you watch you dont even see bid and ask on the DOM

Is there a way to get bids and asks from a strategy? This way I could actually use "virtual" stops that turn into market orders when the bid/ask goes through.

Hi NetTecture, there sure is a way to get bids and asks from a strategy. There is a reference sample that prints out the level II book when the time is right. It can easily be modified for use in a strategy, it just takes some copy + paste (a little more than usual I might add--the indicator uses ArrayLists to store the bids/asks).

Anyways, here is a link to create your own Level II data book.
    AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Austin View Post
      Hi NetTecture, there sure is a way to get bids and asks from a strategy. There is a reference sample that prints out the level II book when the time is right. It can easily be modified for use in a strategy, it just takes some copy + paste (a little more than usual I might add--the indicator uses ArrayLists to store the bids/asks).

Anyways, here is a link to create your own Level II data book.
      Ah, thanks. I normally am not a hugh fan of using level 2 (just never got a chance to really use it with effects), but in this case... it seems like a must.

Sadly this also rules out all backtesting etc. which is based on ticks - thank heaven in this case that is not needed. Strategy known to be working

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by agclub, 04-21-2024, 08:57 PM
      5 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post agclub
      by agclub

Started by ESHunter, Today, 08:06 PM
      2 responses
      0 likes