Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Orders rejected as violating default order settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orders rejected as violating default order settings

I just had an order rejected with an error message in the the log that says: "Category = Order The size specified violates the constraints specified in the default order settings. (383)..."

The following appears in the OUtput Window:

6/30/2009 10:59:00 AM Entered internal PlaceOrder() method at 6/30/2009 10:59:00 AM: Action=Buy OrderType=Market Quantity=5,307 LimitPrice=0 StopPrice=0 SignalName='FAZ1mL' FromEntrySignal=''

I have set the Order to Account Size = 15000. Have I missed some settings?

Hope I'm not putting this in the wrong forum, but appreciate you help.

Best regards, Tooearly

tooearly,

Is that actually enough money to purchase ~5000 shares? What brokerage are you on? Is this a sim trade? Please provide complete text of the whole message. Thanks.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Shares determined by acct size

Thanks for responding so quickly.

The order setting is by account size = 25000. So at 4.69/share you get 5330 shares.

The broker is InteractiveBrokers in a live trade.

The Output Window message is "
      6/30/2009 10:59:00 AM Entered internal PlaceOrder() method at 6/30/2009 10:59:00 AM: Action=Buy OrderType=Market Quantity=5,307 LimitPrice=0 StopPrice=0 SignalName='FAZ1mL' FromEntrySignal=''
      6/30/2009 10:59:00 AM CancelAllOrders: BarsInProgress=0
      6/30/2009 10:59:00 AM CancelAllOrders: BarsInProgress=0"

Here is another Output Window message that seems informative:

"6/15/2009 12:26:00 PM Ignored PlaceOrder() method at 6/15/2009 12:26:00 PM: Action=Buy OrderType=Market Quantity=5,364 LimitPrice=0 StopPrice=0 SignalName='FAZ1mL' FromEntrySignal='' Reason='Exceeded entry signals limit based on EntryHandling and EntriesPerDirection properties'"

And the Log message is

"6/30/2009 11:33:07 AM|1|32|Order='e80c3d73042945b2aed80bd6c6043733/U764672' Name='Close' New State=Rejected Instrument='FAZ' Action=Sell Limit price=0 Stop price=0 Quantity=5,307 Type=Market Filled=0 Fill price=0 Error=OrderRejected Native error='The size specified violates the size constraint specified in the default order settings. (383)'

6/30/2009 11:33:07 AM|0|32|The size specified violates the size constraint specified in the default order settings. (383) Affected Order: Sell 5307 Market

6/30/2009 11:33:07 AM|0|128|Strategy 'FAZ1m175408smaSL10EOD' submitted an order that generated the following error 'OrderRejected'. Strategy has sent cancel requests, attempted to close the position and terminated itself."
      Last edited by tooearly; 06-30-2009, 09:53 AM. Reason: new information

Comment

The error message is a message coming from IB. Maybe there is some setting for your account they have on their end. Please try contacting IB and see if they can provide you any information on what happened to that order.

Comment

You're right!

Thanks Josh,

You're right. There are order presets and I had the max set to 5000 shares. I only need increase it an enter the order.

Now if I enter the order manually (external) will NT close the trade at end of day as per strategy?

Thanks,

TE

Comment

NT does not know what you do manually. As far as the strategy is concerned, it still has an open position and it will place another closing trade if the strategy thinks it is needed.

Comment

The strategy may not know what i do manually, but the program seems to, in that in the past when I have entered orders manually the order is marked as External on the Orders tab and charts.

This time however the charts noted the trade as FAZ1mL (my tag for long trades on that strategy) but there is no record in Orders.

After I placed this order for 5300 plus shares NT entered a stop loss order which is now logged in the Orders tab in the State of Accepted.

Can I assume that NT will close the trade at end of day, as per strategy?

Thanks again

Comment

No. Your strategy does not interface with anything done manually. Your strategy will close ONLY orders related to the strategy. Please look in the strategies tab of the Control Center. If it says it has a position for your strategy, then it will handle those. Anything else is not touched.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by eladlevi, Today, 08:41 AM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                Started by FAQtrader, 04-25-2024, 12:00 PM
                9 responses
                0 likes