Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Chart data constantly getting corrupted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart data constantly getting corrupted

I complained about this a month or so ago and basically was told that my system was underpowered and that's why NT was corrupting the data streams.

Well, I'm not running a friggin' Apple Quad-core Nehalem with 6GB of RAM and NT still keeps crashing and I have to repair the database almost every day. My data provider is IQFeed btw.

Not sure what to tell you guys - NT6 completely sucks - I have tried everything on my end to make this happen. But it's very disheartening to relaunch NT and see that your entries/exits across various strategies have completely changed.

I don't even know which ones are the 'real' ones - the entries/exits I actually got during trading or the ones which I get when reloading the strategies. This is happening across 3 separate strategies on two different systems now. The first one is running Win XP and the new one is running Windows 7.

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!!!!

I'm sorry for the trouble you're expetriencing. Let's try to isolate the problem. Josh will follow up shortly.

Comment

molecool,

For one, you need to understand that reloading a strategy does not necessarily need to show you the same trades it would have taken in real-time. As you reload your strategy it is now processing all of those data points as a historical run. Historical (backtest) runs are rarely ever the same as real-time runs and as such you will get different results.

When you don't add a strategy onto your chart, those executions are the real executions. When you add a strategy onto a chart, you will see executions pertaining to that instance of the strategy.
      Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
        I'm sorry for the trouble you're expetriencing. Let's try to isolate the problem. Josh will follow up shortly.
        I would greatly appreciate that. Especially after I spent several thousand upgrading my equipment and NT still acts as if it's running on a freaking laptop. You need to understand my frustration as these data corruptions are extremely disturbing. And after seeing the same happening on a completely different system I refuse to believe that it's my setup. I have tried NT6 on three different systems now and if it doesn't run on a quad-core Nehalem with GB of system RAM then I don't know what to tell you.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
          molecool,

For one, you need to understand that reloading a strategy does not necessarily need to show you the same trades it would have taken in real-time. As you reload your strategy it is now processing all of those data points as a historical run. Historical (backtest) runs are rarely ever the same as real-time runs and as such you will get different results.

When you don't add a strategy onto your chart, those executions are the real executions. When you add a strategy onto a chart, you will see executions pertaining to that instance of the strategy.
          We are talking about blatant deviations on strategies which execute after completion of the candle - calculate on bar close = true. Also, what I explained SEVERAL TIMES NOW is that after clearing the historical data and rebuilding the database the old entries are back. So it's very clear to me that data corruption is occurring - whether you are willing to admit to that or not.

I'm getting very tired at the old 'bounce the ball back game' you guys are playing. It's always something on my end - if it's not my system then it's my strategy. Can you guys at least consider for a moment that there could be a data corruption problem? I have been a software engineer for 15 years and have worked on large scale enterprise systems, and I tell you mate, I can smell a bug when I see the symptoms. And this is a bug - and you guys keep kicking the can down the road. This stuff simply shouldn't happen - okay? Or at least it should be the exception - not the norm. Even this silly 'repair database' feature is a strong indication that you guys have a problem keeping the data in sync.

So, please don't keep pointing at my end all the time - this is quite obviously an NT problem.

I am very open to any constructive ideas on how to remedy this situation. I am familiar with how NT works - after all I'm writing strategies on various bar indexes these days - I'm not a noob anymore. Give me some real support please and not the usual 'have you checked the plug' response.

Comment

molecool,

Did not see you say anything about clearing a database in this thread. If you are referring to some old case please provide the context. Thank you.

If you feel there is an issue we are always glad to look at it, but you need to help us get a reproducible scenario. From all of our internal testing as well as usage from thousands of other customers there seems to be no issue. We are unable to reproduce anything to the effect of resetting DB causing executions to move around behavior as you have described.

Please try with SampleMACrossOver strategy to see if you can duplicate the results. This is a strategy guaranteed to work and only if problems arise when using this particular strategy can we eliminate your particular strategy code being a factor in issues you encounter. Please let me know what happens with this test. Thank you.

Comment

molecool,

What I would like to do is try a remote login session on your machine and take a look at exactly what you are seeing. If this is something you can make time for please let send me your contact info via email at josh [dot] peng [at] ninjatrader [dot] com. Thank you.

Comment

Please define 'remote login session' - are you suggesting to log into my system via ssh?

My concern would be that I'm running various proprietary strategies - and as much as I love you guys - cannot justify those being exposed IYKWIM.

molecool,

What I would like to do is try a remote login session on your machine and take a look at exactly what you are seeing. If this is something you can make time for please let send me your contact info via email at josh [dot] peng [at] ninjatrader [dot] com. Thank you.

Comment

Remote login as in me logging into your machine via remote assistance software and watching you control your machine to replicate the issues you are facing so I can get an idea of exactly what you are talking about.

Comment

Ahaaa

Remote login as in me logging into your machine via remote assistance software and watching you control your machine to replicate the issues you are facing so I can get an idea of exactly what you are talking about.
                    Okay, so we're talking yogoo here or VNC? That can probably be arranged. But I would have to do it when I see the problem arise. So, I will email you when I see it happen again.

Let me know which remote client you prefer.

Comment

We use logmein123.com where you can connect up with me.

Comment

We use logmein123.com where you can connect up with me.
                        Okay, I will email you when it happens again. Thank you for offering this.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by Option Whisperer, 05-09-2024, 07:58 PM
                        6 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post Option Whisperer  
                        Started by rayyyu12, Today, 05:38 PM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post rayyyu12