Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Turning Off Sessions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turning Off Sessions

I had thought that if the session boundaries were set in Chart Properties to 12:00 AM/12:00 AM that NT treated this as no-session-break. Chart data flows over the midnight boundary with no problem.

However, when I have an open trade that crosses a 12:00 AM/12:00 AM session boundary, NT seems to decide on its own to close it for me. That unilateral unrequested closing throws a temporary shock wave into my strategy.

I assume (and hope) that there is a control I can use to tell NT to stop getting me out of trades based on the time of day. Is this true and if so, what is it?

As always, help is very much appreciated!

Larry

Hello,

It displays all AVAILABLE data provided by your data provider. If there is data missing, it is because your data feed does not provide data for this time period, which is true for all data feeds. Please confirm with them.
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Confused?

Ben,
      I sorry but your answer does not seem to reflect the question. There may be something deeper that I don't understand.

I have data on both sides of the 11:59:00PM/12:00:01AM boundary.

The chart properties are set such that the session is set to 12:00 AM/12:00 AM. I interpret that to mean no-session-break to NT.

If I have a trade open, NT closes it at midnight. I did not instruct it to do that.

The data in this question is historical.

Can this be changed or is it there permanently. Do I just need to include a strategy exit at midnight and pick it up again after midnight?

Can we go round this one more time?

Thanks!

Larry

Comment

Hello,

It is likely that your broker does not support overnight orders. This is likely the issue and the broker is probably resetting it's servers at that time. Please tell them what you are doing and have them confirm.
        DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by knighty6508, Today, 01:20 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post knighty6508  
        Started by knighty6508, Today, 01:17 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes