Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Historic data of a whole day disappearing after crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Historic data of a whole day disappearing after crash

Let's face it - crashes occur very frequently with NT6, especially when running it on a system that is not extremely high powered. We are all looking forward to a more stable NT7 but in the meantime we deal with it [somehow]

However, the big problem I am running into is that I keep 'losing days' after crashes and often I don't notice until a few days later. What I mean by 'losing days' is that you see for instance May 10th, May 11th, and then it skips May 12th and the next candles you see are from May 15th. This happens a lot lately and I routinely have to remove my account connection, clear out my historical data, repair the database, and then reload all my data again. What makes this a HUGE problem however is that I various strategies run against that data and they are being affected - thus I lost a large amount of money on Friday as the entries/exits were all shifted.

Guys, this is a major problem and if it doesn't get fixed I will have to stop using NinjaTrader. Any suggestions as to how I can prevent this would be greatly appreciated. I would also like to know if other NT users are running into this issue.

Thanks,

Michael

Hello,

Try going to File>Utilities>Backup and back up your data. Then you can always use the Restore option to restore it later.

Yes, your system does not meet the minimum requirements for NT6 you will experience unexpected results. I suggest upgrading your machine.
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by elirion, Yesterday, 09:32 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post elirion
    by elirion

Started by cre8able, Yesterday, 09:15 PM
    1 response