Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy Tab "stop strategy"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Tab "stop strategy"

I have noticed that if you stop a strategy by clicking "stop" on a strategy on the strategy tab, the strategy stops. But it does not flatten the position.

I have to then go to the positions tab and flatten everything to get out of my positions in all strategies since the positions of all strategies are on the same line.

RJay
    RJay
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Innovative Trading Solutions

When you press Stop it explicitly tells you that you have open orders, open positions and if asks you if you are OK with that. Not everyone wants to stop a strategy and have their positions closed.

There is only one account position. There is delineating of strategy A has this account position and strategy B has that. If you want to close only positions related to A, do so with a manual trade.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
      When you press Stop it explicitly tells you that you have open orders, open positions and if asks you if you are OK with that. Not everyone wants to stop a strategy and have their positions closed.

There is only one account position. There is delineating of strategy A has this account position and strategy B has that. If you want to close only positions related to A, do so with a manual trade.
      You said "When you press Stop it explicitly tells you that you have open orders."

I can tell you it does not notify that there are open positions. The strategy just stops leaving the position stranded out there.
      RJay

Comment

My mistake. It does not notify you, but you can clearly see if it has a position open through the Positions column. Bottom line is stopping a strategy will not invoke any action to positions. Stopping it simply means stop processing strategy logic right then and there.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
          My mistake. It does not notify you, but you can clearly see if it has a position open through the Positions column. Bottom line is stopping a strategy will not invoke any action to positions. Stopping it simply means stop processing strategy logic right then and there.
          It would be helpful if NT displayed a pop-up warning to close open positions. select yes to continue or cancel.
          RJay

Comment

rt6176,

Thank you for the suggestion. We will add it to the list of future considerations.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by TheTradingMantis, 01-19-2023, 02:05 AM
            44 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
            Started by reynoldsn, Yesterday, 07:26 PM
            1 response
            0 likes