Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Possible to use [Category("Parameters")] attribute to make a 10-item combobox appear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible to use [Category("Parameters")] attribute to make a 10-item combobox appear?

Hello,

Is it possible to create a parameter that is visible and editable in the "Backtest" properties dialog box as a combobox that represents a 10-item list?

I am already getting int and bool parameters to appear and be editable on this dialog box using the [Category("Parameters")] attribute, and now I would like to do the same thing with custom lists.

Thanks in advance!
    ChiTrader2000

Originally posted by ChiTrader2000 View Post
    Hello,

Is it possible to create a parameter that is visible and editable in the "Backtest" properties dialog box as a combobox that represents a 10-item list?

I am already getting int and bool parameters to appear and be editable on this dialog box using the [Category("Parameters")] attribute, and now I would like to do the same thing with custom lists.

Thanks in advance!
    ChiTrader2000
    look around for info how to use enum

Comment

Hello roonius,

Thanks a lot! I made an enum, made a public property of the enum's type, and decorated it with [Category("Parameters")], and it works great. I am using it as a "Please log in" combobox where my users can select their name from the combobox so that when their results are written to the database, their UserId is written as well so we know who did what test.

Thanks again!
      ChiTrader2000

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by OllieFeraher, 05-09-2024, 11:14 AM
      6 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post OllieFeraher  
      Started by PaulMohn, 05-02-2024, 06:59 PM
      2 responses