Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Forex Historical Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forex Historical Data

Where can I get intra-day data for major Forex currency pairs beyond 6 months? I have esignal but they only offer data going back 6 months. I will need 1-minute data and I would prefer to do so without opening a new brokerage account.

Hello JamesF,

Thank you for your post.

You can find a breakdown of the types of data each of our supported data feeds provides at the following link: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...HistoricalData

Specifically, Barchart.com and DTN.IQ provide data only services.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

James,

It seems to be a well kept secret - I do not know why! - but Ninja already serves Forex historical data exactly like you need. I know some of the pairs go back to 2006 with 1m time frame. This is a fabulous feature that for some reason Ninja seems reluctant to promote.

Just set up a Gain connection and during the setup select under Historical Data "Use Ninja Trader Servers"

It took me many months to learn about this from a friend who just stumbled across it through experimentation. It made Ninja really useful to me as I have a Gain account but had struggled with data gaps. Back then I was actually getting Gain data from another charting service and converting/importing it into Ninja until I was shown I was wasting my time and money! A few clicks later I had automatic backfill turned on.

It might be that Ninja is concerned about overloading their server and want to keep this low key but if you search long enough you will find this addressed elsewhere in this forum.

Good luck
      Gains

Comment

Hey Gains,

Does that provide Tick data as well?
        mrlogik
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Purelogik Trading

Comment

Seems like a good question... I am pulling up USDCAD 150t right now...

It pulled up back to Jan 2007. Now I don't know how good this tick data is, I'd be surprised if it was actually all the ticks but plenty useful for running some backtests I would think.

Gains

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by lorem, 04-25-2024, 09:18 AM
          16 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post lorem
          by lorem

Started by doihaveto13, Today, 12:46 PM
          2 responses