Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Known issues when developing strategies for products whose sessions span midnight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Known issues when developing strategies for products whose sessions span midnight?

Hello,

I have to make a decision that someone out there can hopefully help me with...

I want to backtest some futures markets whose open time is in the afternoon (Chicago time) and whose close time is the next day in the afternoon. The products start trading on Sunday afternoon and stop trading on Friday afternoon.

I need to decide between importing the 1 minute bar data for products with 1 minute bar time stamps as is, or importing the 1 minute bar data with each bar getting 6 hours added to it so that the sessions don't span midnight.

Are there any known problems in Ninja Trader regarding strategies that are run on futures whose sessions span midnight?

Would it be better if I added 6 hours to every 1 minute bar before I imported it, or would this cause bigger problems?

Thanks in advance!

ChiTrader2000

Hi ChiTrader2000, NinjaTrader session time are not determined by midnight, but rather would you set in the chart session times setup. So you should be able to import your normal data and then adjust the session times, so you would see one seamless session for your products.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks! I will try it out.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by DawnTreader, 05-08-2024, 05:58 PM
      23 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
      Started by DustyContrer, Today, 04:02 AM